Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Glossary Request for Report Terminology
Glossary Request for Report Terminology
Would it be possible to set up a Glossary or Dictionary of all the terms and phrases used in the various on-screen and stored reports (SD cards) of CPAP machines? I'm thinking actually of a new header for this glossary going alongside the rules, suppliers, Wiki, etc. at the top of the site's screens.
Respironics' 560P manual is woefully short on explanations and the report mailed to me from my equipment provider did not include definitions of the terms either (EncoreAnywhere -version: 2.19.4.0).
During my research on this site and others to locate definitions for the terms I saw on my reports, I noticed a lot of inquiries about specific terms (abbreviated examples- RERA, AHI, FL, VS, etc.) in individual threads. If there could be some compilation of all the terms, as well as maybe some suggested ranges of whether data reported for a particular term generally would be bad or good (like AHI 5<10 = Borderline Apnea, or AHI 30+ = Severe Apnea; two examples that I saw somewhere), I believe everyone would benefit.
This glossary may require cross-referencing if different machines report the same things under different terms.
Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Glossary Request for Report Terminology
Welcome to the forum, bystander. Have you checked the WIKI area? The link is located at the top of each web page.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bystander22,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might check the Wiki here on the board for terms.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed the "Definitions" category during my original quick look at the Wiki. Thanks for alerting me to it! However, after looking at it again, the Wiki index and the "Definitions" category has some of the terms I needed, but I didn't see all of the terms as they were used in my reports. The Wiki also has some good/bad ranges for some entries but not others. That info probably would be as valuable to me as the definitions themselves.
Since I didn't see "everything" in one place, that's why I asked...
Thanks for the replies so far!

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2013, 04:06 PM)bystander22 Wrote: Respironics' 560P manual is woefully short on explanations and the report mailed to me from my equipment provider did not include definitions of the terms either (EncoreAnywhere -version: 2.19.4.0).
The clinical manual have the definition of the terms and available via email (scroll down to how for the manual via email)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

SleepyHead Glossary http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...e=Glossary

SleepyHead download link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,189 11 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.