Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Guidance required, 10+ months and no progress!
RE: Guidance required, 10+ months and no progress!
In preferences you enable pixmap caching it should sort the font issues. Your night on ASV looks pretty good I would raise the epap minimum to 6 it should reduce the hypopnea’s
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2018, 01:02 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: In preferences you enable pixmap caching it should sort the font issues. Your night on ASV looks pretty good I would raise the epap minimum to 6 it should reduce the hypopnea’s

Thank you! it looks good now. Would you say the wake-ups I've had are fine? do you think these will disappear as I become better accustomed to using the new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV results look good as Jaswilliams said. Your EPAP never moves above 5.3, so I would move a bit slower to increase the EPAP min, and consider perhaps 5.0. There are no events to speak of, and the machine is intercepting events as indicated by the spikes in mask pressure. Your maximum IPAP pressure was only 16, so event control is actually happening at relatively low pressures, and the highest PS seems to be about 12-cm. It takes time to adapt to ASV and the pressure changes it can cause, but this is a very good result and any changes would only be to improve comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I'm really pleased to hear. I was worried the few wake-ups I was having last night was a problem, now I feel like I'm in a position to persist and get results. With my previous machine, I used it 96% of the time, but due to it being the wrong machine, I didn't get the results I was looking for. I've raised my pressure to 5 based on your comments and will report back, thank you so much to you both! I still felt a little tired today (but better than usual), but I'm putting that down to using the machine for less time than I should.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 109 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,596 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 423 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 270 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 153 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.