Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Guidelines on placement of CPAC machine on night stand
RE: Guidelines on placement of CPAC machine on night stand
Can’t you just takeoff the mask and lay it down without turning off the machine? Getting up 3 to 5 times a night sounds like my pattern but that’s another problem I’m working on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If you put it in that position make sure that the hose is long enough for all your sleeping positions.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to track use data accurately, it's best to shut machine off when the mask comes off. If there's some comfort or setting reason that you don't like starting the session over, there's probably a need to get OSCAR for data and see if the settings can be optimized for you.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I simply disconnect the hose or remove my mask w/o 1st turning the machine off, it will continue to blow air for a few seconds. The air flow is quite loud and wakes my wife. 

If I turn the machine off first, it pretty much stops the air flow immediately and w/o delay. Once back in bed, I reconnect the air hose to the mask and then take a breath or two. It starts right back up.  like
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(03-12-2020, 12:03 PM)alxyz Wrote: Great idea.  How long have you had this setup.  Do you have a heated tube and what about rain out?

Do you keep the tube on that hood at night or just to get it out of the way in the day?

I have used this arrangement for at least 8-years and with 3 different machines, all wtih heated tubes.  It works great, prevents any possibility of tip-over and is super quiet.  Air exchange is no problem because the volumes are actually pretty low and the cabinet is not air-tight. The tube is hung on a lanyard hooked to the headboard. This keeps it suspended enough to move with me at night and avoids rainout. During the day, I can unhook it and everything disappears. The 2-inch hole in the back of the cabinet allows for everything to be concealed during the day (drawer is shut).  This is the back of the cabinet

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5044]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [News] Guidelines for the allocation of critical resources srlevine1 6 147 03-31-2020, 11:04 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Advice - First night with new machine YYCBrian 10 277 03-30-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 150 142,180 03-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New user- 2 week CPAC results + sleep study kiwi man 38 1,247 08-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 14 3,458 06-27-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: camper2
  Picture of proper nasal pillow placement GrammaBear 2 464 05-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Snoring Bear
  Drawing conclusions from first night with new machine Dyssomniac 19 1,054 01-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Dyssomniac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.