Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] HDM Z1 CPAP problems
HDM Z1 CPAP problems
I just received an HDM Z1 CPAP from [commercial DME link to Supplier #1 removed] and purchased an optional MicroSD card so I can record my sleep data. When I inserted the card into the slot it jammed and will not come out, giving me a FAULT 22 error. I was able to clear the error, but cannot remove the card. I was told this is a common problem with the Z1.

I also downloaded the HDM Data Viewer to sync the Z1 with my laptop, but when connected to the laptop I cannot sync any data. The green bar goes to about 95% and stops. The only way to clear it is to disconnect it from the laptop and start over. Even when the Z1 is connected by the USB cable, the HDM Data Viewer "Settings" page says that the unit is "Not Connected" and all of the the device information shows as "False." So I can't read the serial number, firmware number, or device settings.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with the Z1? Are these problems caused by the jammed MicroSD card?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Z1 CPAP problems
The Z1 will hold a considerable amount of data onboard the unit itself, something like a years worth of data without the SD card. The SD card option was there so you could send the card off to DME or sleep doctor, but if you don't need to do that there is plenty of data storage on the machine itself. I have heard some issues with the machine that were caused by people inserting the micro SD card that were corrected when the SD card was removed, so I have never put an SD card in mine because there is no need to do it.

If you can get the micro SD card out of your Z1 somehow that would be the thing to do and then don't bother with one if you can get it out.

As far as what you're describing with the data software on the PC, I have occasionally had the same issue when I hook mine up to the USB on the computer. In my case it was due to the PC not recognizing that the Z1 was connected. So I just disconnected and reconnected with the Z1 powered up with the AC power cord until the PC finally registered the USB connection and then of course the software could then see the Z1. So just fiddle with your USB connection, and be sure you are also using the AC power cord so that the Z1 is powered up in the standby mode, without power to the Z1 it won't work.

As a side note to the PC software, it pretty much sucks rocks........at this point in time it will only give you hours of use and leak information, but no AHI information. They say at some point that the software will be upgraded to show AHI info, but they have been saying that for about a year now. Seems like HDM really doesn't care much about that project, and the same goes with developing the Android version for their Auto machine, currently they only have an iOS version for the Auto Z1 that only works with Apple. HDM makes a lot of promises that never materialize -- it's pretty disappointing customer service and follow through from a company with such an expensive product, it's kind of amazing they are still in business!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, I was considering buying one (Z1 Auto) for a travel unit. May consider a Transcend instead. I liked the smallness of the Z1 Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for the informative and detailed reply! I didn't realize the Z1 had internal storage and didn't need the card to keep track of the data. I'll have to try and get the computer to read the info from the machine by fiddling with the USB connection as you suggest. I tried it several times but it just doesn't seem to want to sync or to show it is connected. I might try downloading the HDM Data Viewer on another laptop to see what happens.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi n4wwl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Z1.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 12:34 PM)DocWils Wrote: Good to know, I was considering buying one (Z1 Auto) for a travel unit. May consider a Transcend instead. I liked the smallness of the Z1 Auto.

I liked the idea of the smallness of the Z-1 too. But I decided to put mine on the used market and instead go with a NIB S-8 Autoset II for travel purposes.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 12:46 PM)n4wwl Wrote: Many thanks for the informative and detailed reply! I didn't realize the Z1 had internal storage and didn't need the card to keep track of the data. I'll have to try and get the computer to read the info from the machine by fiddling with the USB connection as you suggest. I tried it several times but it just doesn't seem to want to sync or to show it is connected. I might try downloading the HDM Data Viewer on another laptop to see what happens.

Thanks again!

Well, I tried several computers and all with the same result. The HDM Data Viewer just won't sync with the unit or read any data. I'm hoping that's because of the jammed microSD card, even if the unit has internal storage. [commercial DME link removed, please refer to Supplier #1] has suggested they can ship me a replacement unit, so if that happens I'll try the HDM software again with the new Z1 and see if I have better luck.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 07:22 PM)n4wwl Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 12:46 PM)n4wwl Wrote: Many thanks for the informative and detailed reply! I didn't realize the Z1 had internal storage and didn't need the card to keep track of the data. I'll have to try and get the computer to read the info from the machine by fiddling with the USB connection as you suggest. I tried it several times but it just doesn't seem to want to sync or to show it is connected. I might try downloading the HDM Data Viewer on another laptop to see what happens.

Thanks again!

Well, I tried several computers and all with the same result. The HDM Data Viewer just won't sync with the unit or read any data. I'm hoping that's because of the jammed microSD card, even if the unit has internal storage. XXXX.com has suggested they can ship me a replacement unit, so if that happens I'll try the HDM software again with the new Z1 and see if I have better luck.

David, the moderators will zap that commercial link right out of your post.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 07:30 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 07:22 PM)n4wwl Wrote:

Thanks again!

Well, I tried several computers and all with the same result. The HDM Data Viewer just won't sync with the unit or read any data. I'm hoping that's because of the jammed microSD card, even if the unit has internal storage. XXXX.com has suggested they can ship me a replacement unit, so if that happens I'll try the HDM software again with the new Z1 and see if I have better luck.

David, the moderators will zap that commercial link right out of your post.

Oops. My mistake. Appreciate the warning. Lesson learned.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,008 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,839 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,565 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 996 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.