Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] HDM Z1 auto mode
HDM Z1 auto mode
greetings.

I recently purchased a Z1 auto, and have the clinicians set up manual.
following directions, I'm unable to switch between cpap and apap modes.  (the model is clearly identified on the back and on the box as a Z1 auto)
I can unlock the settings fine, and can adjust the pressure for the cpap mode, but can't change the mode.
the only 3 choices I can choose from are cpap 1, cpap 2, and cpap 3. 

any suggestions or troubleshooting tips?  is there an internal button battery that might be expired?
my unit was made in 2017.

thanks.
Charlie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Z1 auto mode
The Clinicians Guide states that the unit must be "unlocked" to enable Modes.
Then follow Steps 1 & 2 carefully.

Unlock Z1 Device
The device is locked after each power cycle. In order to modify the treatment pressure settings and
switch between function modes, you may follow the instructions below to unlock the Z1 device.

1. Power up the Z1 device, hold Start/Stop button while in standby mode (pressure of “0.0” indicated on the display) (Figure 3) to enter Treatment Pressure Setting mode (APAP-LOC (Figure 4) or CPAP-LOC (Figure 5)).

2. Hold Up and Down Buttons at the same time while in Treatment Pressure Setting mode to unlock the Z1 device. (Figures 6 & 7) To continue set the CPAP treatment pressure or APAP- High/Low, please see Section “Setting the Treatment Pressure in CPAP Mode” and “Setting the Minimum and Maximum Pressures in APAP Mode” for details.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi -
thanks for your response.
I have been able to unlock the unit without problem. after doing so, it only offers the cpap options, not apap.
I am able to set the cpap pressure, but the unit does not hold it when power is removed. when powered up again, it has returned to the cpap default pressure of 8.0.
that's another thing that leads me to wonder if there is an internal button battery that may have died.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd consider contacting the seller and check into a faulty device. Or there's an incorrect label stating Auto when it's not. And unless you intentionally bought this used, there's the issue on the battery and the possibility of it being dead with the build date of '17.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2021, 01:47 AM)chakl Wrote: greetings.

I recently purchased a Z1 auto, and have the clinicians set up manual.
following directions, I'm unable to switch between cpap and apap modes.  (the model is clearly identified on the back and on the box as a Z1 auto)
I can unlock the settings fine, and can adjust the pressure for the cpap mode, but can't change the mode.
the only 3 choices I can choose from are cpap 1, cpap 2, and cpap 3. 

any suggestions or troubleshooting tips?  is there an internal button battery that might be expired?
my unit was made in 2017.

thanks.
Charlie

Has anyone been able to switch modes yet? The clinician instructions say "Function Modes can ONLY be set by a healthcare provider" but offers no insight how. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 251 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 689 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.