Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Nasal pillow masks and nose ring?
RE: Nasal pillow masks and nose ring?
If anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same question -- my small nostril ring did interfere with the seal on each of the nasal pillows masks I tried. I switched to a stud, and everything worked perfectly. 

I'd advise anyone with a fresh nostril piercing to avoid nasal pillows while the piercing is healing -- maybe for the first 6-9 months. The pillows push up slightly on my nostril, and I think that'd be unpleasant/possibly harmful for a healing piercing. 

This style also dramatically cut down on the moisture problem. When it does accumulate in the pillows, it only rarely drips into my nose. A big improvement, especially when literally nothing else -- and I tried everything -- helped when I used a nasal mask. Since switching, I've been woken up maybe twice by this problem, and been annoyed by rainout maybe four times. Compared to being jolted awake at least once every single night, it's remarkable. Seems as though it was was the mask after all; something about all of this humidity condensing in the mask and snowballing into a drop that was fixed with a different style mask that allowed less accumulation (or at least the ability to drip into my nose), perhaps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,814 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 200 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.