Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] HOSE MANAGEMENT
HOSE MANAGEMENT
I'd like some suggestions on managing the hose. I seem to have a lot. So far I am tucking the excess under my pillow.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HOSE MANAGEMENT
big1dog, I always suggest to new users that they either hang it over your bed head or buy a product called a hoselift or make one yourself (look up hoselift on the net). It saves you getting tangled and helps with leaks as the hose is pulling up instead of down
Post Reply Post Reply
I just curl it up under the covers with me. We get along fine. It's supposed to help with condensation too. So it's all good........ The hose and I are one... The hose and I are one... The ho..........................

Post Reply Post Reply
Search for "Cpap Hose Holder" and you will find the gadget I'm using. The hose simply passes through a loop above your head and is prevented from trying to strangle you in your sleep. It's easy...
Post Reply Post Reply
i run my hose under the pillows...
i agree my hose and i are one.... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My hose was variously been run over my neck or tucked under a corner of a pillow -- just enough to keep the weight hanging off the bed from pulling on my mask.

One thing that helps a LOT is the little pigtail hose on the Airfit P10. It is very light and very flexible.

What I have settled on for the last weeks and months is quite simple:

Hose straight down my body to about my stomach. If facing away, it goes over my side below my ribs and under my arm. If facing the machine, it goes over my body pillow at about the same level (my stomach). The covers trapping it between the pillow keep the weight and tension off of it.

This "turn" in direction starts about where the little mask hose joins the larger, stiffer, heavier ClimateLine heated hose. Note: The ClimateLine hose is NOT bad, but compared to the Airfit P10 pigtail hose it is quite a bit heavier.

That's it. No issue.

It's simple, it's free, and it works.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 11:47 PM)big1dog Wrote: I'd like some suggestions on managing the hose. I seem to have a lot. So far I am tucking the excess under my pillow.
Thanks

I put a small hook in the wall above the headboard. I use a shoelace loop as a holder for the hose. Goes from the machine up through the loop and then down to me. Easy, cheap and it works. It doesn't look bad or take up room either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a curtain pull-back right over my side of the bed so I just put a loop of velcro over it (I think it was part of an old piece of headgear) and ran my hose through it. It's like one of those fancy hose lift thingys without the expense! Of course it makes pulling the curtain back interesting! LOL! Seriously though raising the hose also can help with rain out if you find that to be a problem.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Here I thought that I was the only one that curled my hose up with me under the covers. It accomplishes several things in my case. No climateline so this keeps the hose warmer even though I use a hose cover. It also allows me to leave no hanging loop in the hose, so if my humidifier belches (like it does sometimes when I overfill it a little) the water does not get trapped in the loop and gurgle at me for the rest of the night. I also keep my CPAP about 1.5 feet below my bed height.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose lift and it works quite well. Run the hose across the top of the headboard and to the hose lift. BTW, I have a 10 foot hose.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 617 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,513 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.