Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
RE: ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
Wow, that's a... unique machine. If you are wanting to do this on your own, you got one that is going to make that difficult if not impossible. From what I can gather, it needs a proprietary device to get the data from it. The MAPData or the Twister Remote. Then you need the software. From some of the reading, it almost sounds like a CPAP device used in sleep centers in Europe.

There are several online suppliers that ship internationally. In our Suppliers List (link at top of every page), Supplier #2 (sells used and new machines) and #10 ship from the US to Europe.

You would do best to get an autoPAP so you can titrate yourself. But that's something to discuss in another thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
Hi Paula
>>it almost sounds like a CPAP device<<
it is an APAP.
With the help of this board I managed to open the setup mode. Switched from CPAP to APAP.
Last night I tried it first time. It will take a while to become used to a mask.

>>The MAPData or the Twister Remote.<<
Yes - it looks like I would need this extra devices.
I will try to log the pressure data with a differential pressure gauge – I have souch device for my job. It loggs the data via usb to notebook.
I do steps forward – that´s fine.
The noise of the Magellan is very low.
beat regards
Bernd
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,781 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 249 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 244 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 381 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.