Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Have you changed from the S9 auto set to the AS 10 auto set ?
RE: Have you changed from the S9 auto set to the AS 10 auto set ?
(10-12-2015, 10:38 PM)Doctor Wrote: Hi everyone. I've been completely satisfied with the S9 auto set for about six years. Excellent sleep reports. I can get a new CPAP and my insurance company + company benefits will pay 100% for any machine.

Has anyone here used the S9 auto set and then changed to the AirSense 10 auto set ?

If so, please describe if and how it changed your sleep, what you like about it and don't like about it.

The few reviews of the AS 10 are mixed. I don't use humification and don't need wireless.

Thanks.

Doctor as in Ph.D.

NO, I changed from the S-9 Autoset to the PR 560. Wouldn't even look back.

Now I would be available to test one of the new Dreamamathingies .... but probably not a new model Resmed.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2015, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 10:38 PM)Doctor Wrote: Has anyone here used the S9 auto set and then changed to the AirSense 10 auto set ?
I've used S9 AutoSet when first diagnosed in 2010, late last year started on A10 AutoSet
(regular version and one the first models doesn't report RERAs)

There is no point listing all the options and features of both machines, the clinical manual explain all of that and available via email, the link to "CPAP Setup Manuals" is at the top of the page

A10 does not work without the water chamber in place but you can get $20 side cover replaces the water chamber and goes in the same hole as the water chamber

If you're on straight pressure 11, then both machines are identical, they blow 11 all night long, except Ramp period

I've always used S9 Autoset on auto 9-15, 95th percentile around 11. when used A10 at the same settings, pressure always increased to the top and stayed there for most of the night. The A10 auto algorthim didn't suit me, but might works differently for someone else ... everyone is different. Now I'm using the machine at constant 12, Ramp start at 10 for 10 minutes. No difference in AHI (most of the time below 1 and lower)

So did you go back to the S9 ?
(10-13-2015, 07:39 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 10:38 PM)Doctor Wrote: Hi everyone. I've been completely satisfied with the S9 auto set for about six years. Excellent sleep reports. I can get a new CPAP and my insurance company + company benefits will pay 100% for any machine.

Has anyone here used the S9 auto set and then changed to the AirSense 10 auto set ?

If so, please describe if and how it changed your sleep, what you like about it and don't like about it.

The few reviews of the AS 10 are mixed. I don't use humification and don't need wireless.

Thanks.

Doctor as in Ph.D.

NO, I changed from the S-9 Autoset to the PR 560. Wouldn't even look back.

Now I would be available to test one of the new Dreamamathingies .... but probably not a new model Resmed.

OMMOHY

Wouldn't even look back ? Please explain.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 12:25 AM)Doctor Wrote: So did you go back to the S9 ?
Gone to and fro, for now I'm sticking with the A10, just have to keep an eye on things
A10 keep drawing me back, both machines have a different feel about them
S9 had its fair share of noise complaint as well

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 01:42 AM)zonk Wrote:
(10-14-2015, 12:25 AM)Doctor Wrote: So did you go back to the S9 ?
Gone to and fro, for now I'm sticking with the A10, just have to keep an eye on things
A10 keep drawing me back, both machines have a different feel about them
S9 had its fair share of noise complaint as well

Links to S9 noise please.

Why do you like the AS10. Wonder if you were blindfolded and did not know to which machine you were attached, would you know ?Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 02:14 AM)Doctor Wrote: Links to S9 noise please.
Take my words for it Smile
There are heaps of threads, search button at top of the page or maybe quicker, ask google ... S9 noise apnea board

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 05:37 AM)zonk Wrote:
(10-14-2015, 02:14 AM)Doctor Wrote: Links to S9 noise please.
Take my words for it Smile
There are heaps of threads, search button at top of the page or maybe quicker, ask google ... S9 noise apnea board

On the S9, can only find a few reports of whistling and only on the earlier models. If there a "heaps" of threads on recent new S9's, please post links.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are couple of most recent threads:
April 2015 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Noise
June 2014 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-ResMed-S9-Noise

ResMed don't provide links about noise complaint, they only say how quiet are the machines
In my humble opinion (take it with a pinch of salt) ... noise problem is something to due with the motor and they haven't a clue how to fix it. Some machines comes out from the factory quiet and some are not so quiet ... luck of the draw

All machines make some noise regardless of manufacturer, but just happen, there're more noisy Resmed users on this forum
On the whole, my A10 is quieter than the S9, someone else might say the opposite, and they're correct too

I'm glad the S9 worked so well for you, I hope the new one works well too

I think, this is a calling for a nice cup tea
[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 325 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 674 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 231 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.