Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for Z1Travel CPAP machine
Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for Z1Travel CPAP machine
Dear Board Members,

I recently bought a HME Z1 CPAP machine which comes with the Heat Exchanger. I am using ResMed Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow Mask. Is there any one could tell me how to attach the Heat Exchanger on it, as i found it's impossible to get a moist air where it is attached to the end of the nasal pillow's tube instead of at the spot between the air vent and the pillow.

Please help.

Cheers.Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for Z1Travel CPAP machine
Hi cykoek,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar enough with that machine but hang in there and someone will be along to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The setup instruction available via email, section three ... other manuals
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

HDM Z1 discussion thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-The-HDM-Z1
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2014, 11:14 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi cykoek,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar enough with that machine but hang in there and someone will be along to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.

Thanks for your quick response. I will wait for that.

Regards.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk.

Post Reply Post Reply
From the HDM website [installation directions in blue]:

Quote:Heat Moisture Exchanger (For Humidification)

Your Z1 includes complimentary Heat Moisture Exchangers (HME) to provide humidification during therapy. HME technology has been in use for over 50 years and is now available for your Z1.

The hygienic, disposable HME works by capturing heat and moisture as you exhale and provides it back to you as you breathe. The HME does not use any electricity or complex moving parts and avoids the problems encountered with electrical humidification systems.

HME’s are designed for single night use and should be replaced with each use. Additional HMEs may be purchased directly from Human Design Medical at (855) 436-8724 [(855) HDM-USA4] or by visiting http://www.hdmusa.com.

Installation

To install a Heat Moisture Exchanger for therapeutic use, connect the large diameter end of the HME to your mask and the smaller diameter end to your CPAP Tube. Be sure both connections are fully seated and secure. Your HME is now ready for use.

When you have finished therapy, please be sure to dispose of the used HME.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksGreat-info
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2014, 11:59 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: From the HDM website [installation directions in blue]:

Your Z1 includes complimentary Heat Moisture Exchangers (HME) to provide humidification during therapy. HME technology has been in use for over 50 years and is now available for your Z1.

The hygienic, disposable HME works by capturing heat and moisture as you exhale and provides it back to you as you breathe. The HME does not use any electricity or complex moving parts and avoids the problems encountered with electrical humidification systems.

HME’s are designed for single night use and should be replaced with each use. Additional HMEs may be purchased directly from Human Design Medical at (855) 436-8724 [(855) HDM-USA4] or by visiting http://www.hdmusa.com.

Installation

To install a Heat Moisture Exchanger for therapeutic use, connect the large diameter end of the HME to your mask and the smaller diameter end to your CPAP Tube. Be sure both connections are fully seated and secure. Your HME is now ready for use.

Since this was posted the company has done more testing and states that the HME is now good for seven days usage before replacement. Not sure if those nights need to be back-to-back of if they can be spread apart. (I use a water-based humidifier) at home and would use the HME for trips so am wondering if I can squeeze three or four weekends out of one HME.

it's a shame it doesn't turn color or something when it's "used up" Thinking-about

Note that you can get a 10% discount on the USA mfg. website if you buy them 10 at a time.

I've not seen them discounted from the $5.95 ea. price anywhere else in USA, although discounts do seem to be available in Canada. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Now 2 months on CPAP and love it. BUT! I want to go mobile. I tried without humidification and that is a no-go (I live in S. Idaho - very dry). So the HMEs look intriguing. BUT - as I understand it, they must have exhaled air pass through them to pick up moisture and warmth. My nose pillow mask, which I far prefer to FFM, has a nice light hose attached. So without major mask modification, the HME will install on the end of this hose. I think that at the end of the mask hose, there will be very little exhaled air, thus defeating the purpose of the HME. Anyone have insights as to how to use nose pillows with an HME (brand of CPAP shouldn't matter - mask does :-) )

Dick
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2014, 11:59 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: From the HDM website [installation directions in blue]:

Installation

That doesn't answer the OP's question.

The OP is trying to determine how the HME can work with a nasal pillow mask (Swift FX)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 299 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,723 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.