Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Heater failure Phillips Respironics M series
Heater failure Phillips Respironics M series

My husband has owned a CPAP for 5 years but has not had much success with it. Our son aged 40+ now has OSA as well and has been trying his Dad's machine. He finds that the heating plate below the humidifier does not heat up at all. We took it to a service centre where it miraculously heated but on returning home it refused to work for us. What are we doing incorrectly? Any help greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heater failure Phillips Respironics M series
Hi VicPaul,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure what could be wrong with your machine, I wonder if you need a new humidifier for it?
Hang in there for more suggestions and I hope you can get that machine fixed.
Much success.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heater failure Phillips Respironics M series
(12-08-2014, 04:22 AM)VicPaul Wrote:
My husband has owned a CPAP for 5 years but has not had much success with it. Our son aged 40+ now has OSA as well and has been trying his Dad's machine. He finds that the heating plate below the humidifier does not heat up at all. We took it to a service centre where it miraculously heated but on returning home it refused to work for us. What are we doing incorrectly? Any help greatly appreciated.

There is a DC and an AC version of the M series humidifiers. Are there two power cords coming from the power brick to the machine and humidifier, or is there just one.

If there are two, you have the AC version. There is an adapter that snaps over the end of the power brick in order to get AC power for the humidifier. Take that off and put it back on to be sure the connection is working right. Other than that, take the blower off the humidifier off the machine and be sure the electrical connections are good.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 193 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,804 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 251 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.