Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Hello everyone:
RE: Hello everyone:
If you turn up the temps on the ClimateLine hose all the way, the hose should be slightly warm to the touch.
That would be another check I would try.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all so much!!! I can't begin to tell you how much help you've been. I realized when I read Ugly's post that I was locked out of the clinician's menus. Then I went to the website that Bompa so graciously shared with me and between the two of those sources I went in and changed the settings that I felt I needed to, only after watching the video. The climate control hose was set on auto, not patient, and that makes me think no matter what I set it on, 3, 5, whatever, that it would ignore me and do it's thing automatically despite any efforts by me to control it. I wasn't in control but now I am and I'm so relieved and happy. I have faith that tonight the hose will work!

That sounds a bit weird, I know, but I'm really thinking I've got this figured out thanks to all of you. I've been in a state of despair for almost a month now trying to figure why it wasn't doing what I wanted. Now that I think about it, the respiratory tech didn't set these controls when I got the machine, not that I can remember. He certainly didn't explain the clinician's menu, which I'm too stupid to understand and they are too busy to care to help me with. I've been told it would work automatically, but I need to be able to set it to my specs. So, I'm feeling really positive about it now. I can't thank you all enough. This forum really serves a purpose in helping people like me who are overwhelmed with the diagnosis and the stuff we have to learn to master to care for ourselves. I plan on being a permanent fixture here! Love, DJ
Thanks
Oh, one more thing. I'm in upstate NY, land of snow, ice, wood stoves, maple syrup and hillbillies <like me>
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 07:03 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Thank you all so much!!! I can't begin to tell you how much help you've been. I realized when I read Ugly's post that I was locked out of the clinician's menus.

Sorry I stopped there but I didn't want to overwhelm you all at once.

Quote:Now that I think about it, the respiratory tech didn't set these controls when I got the machine, not that I can remember. He certainly didn't explain the clinician's menu, which I'm too stupid to understand and they are too busy to care to help me with.

They like it to be their little secret. And I tried to make my DME feel superior but when the doc prescribed an increase in the pressure I knew I had to do it right away instead of waiting another two weeks.
I tried to break it to them gently that I could change things without their help. When I got a message back she sounded dumbfounded but acknowledged that maybe I do know what I'm doing even if I look dumb. I plan on doing an encore tomorrow. Making sure they have the S9 AutoSet in and then announce I'm coming in to get it as is. No sense in waiting for Wednesday's appointment. I'll dump off my S9 Escape to trade it in and be on my merry way. I know she'll hate that. Since they seem to charge $$$ for a pressure adjustment she lost out, and will again.

But for me it's essential. I don't have regular follow up appointments with my otolaryngologist. In fact once a year goes by I'm wiped off his patient list. I have to fend for myself.
Luckily my neurosurgeon is always mine no matter how often we meet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Ugly; Best of luck getting your S9. She might tell you they have protocols they must follow when they give out new equipment. I hope it goes according to your plan and that their office isn't really far to go. I'd hate to hear you had to drive a long way only to turn around and go back again on Wednesday. They like running us in unnecessary circles, too. Good luck. Write and let me know how it went. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job, djj.
Sometimes you gotta hack the machine. Big Grin

Sounds like those DME boneheads want to keep you dependent on them so they can continue siphoning your wallet.
When you can re-program your machine yourself they cant keep charging you $50 a pop. They hate that!

Hang in there!

Sleep-well

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 07:47 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Dear Ugly; Best of luck getting your S9. I hope it goes according to your plan and that their office isn't really far to go. I'd hate to hear you had to drive a long way only to turn around and go back again on Wednesday. They like running us in unnecessary circles, too.

If somebody would give me a car I could probably learn how to drive.
Fortunately the place is only five blocks away and our city blocks are fairly small. Now that the weather is improving and I got my rollator (walker) repaired it's easy enough to travel. I tried phoning earlier to see if the RT was in (she has to be on the road a lot) but she wasn't. After I log off here and have some lunch then I'll check it out again.
I packed up my CPAP and I'm ready to haul it off today if I can. Even to the point where I'll show her my "secret" binder with hundreds of pages of "stuff" including the S9 "Clinical" manual to prove I mean business.

Post Reply Post Reply
"The Rollenator" I like it.
Be sure to tell them "You'll BE BACK!" Smile

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 12:59 PM)Shastzi Wrote: "The Rollenator" I like it.
Be sure to tell them "You'll BE BACK!" Smile

LOL! No no no. It's called a "rollator" although people usually just call it a "walker." Actually it refers to a walker with wheels. Here's a picture of the model I use: http://www.danadouglas.com/rollators-neXus-3.html
It's a mobility aid because of my balance.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.