Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR Release v1.1.0
RE: OSCAR Release v1.1.0
I wasn't concerned.Just shared the information for others who may run into the same issue
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
No worries Mel. And it's good to raise the issue for new users who may not have seen it before.

By the way, unless your version of Win10 is different from mine, you don't need to change anything in Windows security - just click on the "More Info" link and an option to "Run anyway" will appear.

[Image: Windows_Protection_1.png] [Image: Windows_Protection_2.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello DeepBreathing,
I am upgrading the software from version 1.01-r-1-Win64 to the latest version 1.1.0.
During the upgrade of the database, the software crashed at 66%!!!
Help please!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did it crash or hang? The data rebuild can take some time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Updated on my Chromebook; perfect!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have successfully upgraded to OSCAR 1.1.0 on my Linuc Mint 19.3.  However the process encountered an error.

Folowing the Linux install wiki, I first purged the installed oscar package.  Then I attempted to install with:

sudo dpkg -i oscar_1.1.0-Ubuntu_amd64.deb
Got the following error messages:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of oscar:
 oscar depends on libpcre16-3; however:
  Package libpcre16-3 is not installed.

The command "sudo apt-cache showpkg libpcre16-3" showed that the missing package was in the repos.

I installed the missing package with:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libpcre16-3

After this, OSCAR installed with no further complaint.  The database upgraded cleanly, and all previous imported data appears.

I believe this has occurred because Ubuntu (the base distro for Mint) is removing 32-bit support.
Hope this helps someone.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
dpkg is not dealing with dependencies.
- either we can modify documentation to add apt -f install if there is dependency problem
- or we can use apt whith file in parameter
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Deapbreathing - Thanks for those screenshots!  That's what I saw, and failed the first time.  So then I read more of the thread, and saw your info, and got 'er done!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  timing for release of bleep eclipse? yankees123 1 889 11-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale? Gugliano 4 889 05-05-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Gugliano
  New (non-ResMed) P10 mask frame with quick-release swivel hose plakky 2 775 11-13-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: plakky
  OSCAR Beta Release Testers Needed Gideon 9 2,060 10-14-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  ResMed AirSense 11 Release Date? dk2011 17 13,083 09-15-2021, 09:10 PM
Last Post: biorn
  OSCAR Testing Release planned in August 2019 Gideon 6 1,887 08-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Blazing Black Beard
  SleeyHead version 1.1 Release [volunteers needed] SuperSleeper 0 1,085 01-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.