Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help me push: DS2 and our right to access our own sleep data
RE: Help me push: DS2 and our right to access our own sleep data
(10-27-2021, 10:03 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A CPAP rental isn't like going down to your local tool rental store.  I would term it more like a lease-to-own, and in some cases, the monthly fee can easily buy a used machine.   Please tread carefully.

So here's what I am referring to when I talk about rental (if the link shouldn't be there, an admin please remove it):

[DME Link Removed] Search Supplier #29 for CPAP Rentals

Is this lease-to-own? I don't think so, albeit that is given as an option after 6 months at 50% of the price if I understand correctly...

Also, where do you recommend I look for a used ResMed AirSense 10 Auto CPAP with Humidifier? That's the good equivalent to a DS2, right?

I don't imagine I can buy it on ebay as this is probably FDA regulated equipment. Or maybe there are other ways?

I really want to give ResMed a spin at this point. If it works I can buy a new one and keep the used one for when I travel or as a back up

Thank you, Crimson. As usual, much obliged.

Fillmore

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason both Firefox and Malwarebytes does not like that website.

OK, so to test the Resmed is $150 for the 1st month. How much after that for an outright purchase? This is just me. If it was $30 to try it out, then no problem. Loosing a $150 whether you like it or not is just too rich for my blood. If you kept your eyes peeled for a used AS10, then if you didn't like it, you could probably sell it fairly easily in today's market.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@fillmore50

To find out about coverage I just called my insurance company directly. It would be great to have the option to just try the device before committing to it. Getting a slightly used machine might be an option to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
About insurance helping to buy it, I purchased a slightly used Resmed from Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site.  I sent the insurance my copy of the receipt and Dr. prescription and they paid the entire amount (durable medical equipment).  I'm sure each insurance policy is different but check with them you might be surprised.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2021, 12:29 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK, so to test the Resmed is $150 for the 1st month.  How much after that for an outright purchase?  This is just me.  If it was $30 to try it out, then no problem.  Loosing a $150 whether you like it or not is just too rich for my blood.  If you kept your eyes peeled for a used AS10, then if you didn't like it, you could probably sell it fairly easily in today's market.

I took a look at Ebay and there are no used/refurbished Airsense on sale, only accessories. I guess that selling medical equipment is not legal unless you don't meet certain criteria. I saw a $399 offer, but it wasn't auto CPAP (reminder that there may be previous generation machines with similar names that simply won't cut it).

What would a good price for an AS10 be? Which sites should I be looking at? I'm based in the Northeast... 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Fillmore, check out the SearchTempest search engine to find Craigslist ads regionally or nationally. Ebay and Amazon no longer allow CPAP sales after the retailers and distributors got Resmed and Philips to drop the legal hammer on those sales. Used to be a great source of cheap machines. Two years ago we were looking at new auto-CPAPs from Philips and Resmed at under $500. Well, that doesn't happen so much anymore. Another source might be the DotMed website under Respiratory/CPAP category. As far as what a good price is today, it has gone up a lot in the last 6-months since Philips initiated their recall. Lots of people bought up all the used stock in the marketplace, and new machines are in very high demand. I think Supplier #2 prices have doubled across the board.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been selling stuff on the FaceBook Marketplace lately and it's worked well. I did a search for CPAP's for sale....
[Prescription Required Item Removed]Search Facebook Marketplace for CPAP machines

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be advertised, sold, traded or offered on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 621 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 574 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 794 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.