Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with CPAP settings
RE: Help with CPAP settings
Stacyburke,

Put the collar on (didn't much care for that, mutter-grumble, as with the mask and all, seems like enough accoutrements for deep sea diving rather than just going to bed) . . . but WOW! Seems you were spot on! I could never have figured this out without Apnea Board and helpful folk like you! I'll admit to being a little disappointed yesterday, but just tickled today. Thank you, thank you!

Any further suggestions appreciated:

Post Reply Post Reply
No one here likes to recommend a collar, I mean who wants to wear something else, isn't CPAP enough? but when it works, and it usually works, the results are unbelievable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2022, 03:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: No one here likes to recommend a collar, I mean who wants to wear something else, isn't CPAP enough?   but when it works, and it usually works, the results are unbelievable.

I'll say! From the data, do you see any other adjustments I should try?

Frankly I'm amazed by the amount of help you guys have been in just a few days. As well as by the lack of care and follow up that really should be provided by the doctor. It wasn't, and apparently that's not all that uncommon.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are at a point where changes are much more based on how you feel and less on numbers, so how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I feel? 

Well mentally, right about now I'm elated!! However, I have a tough time discerning small changes in how the body feels. Before CPAP, it was a zombie in the afternoon and nap time. Sometimes had a hard time speaking coherently (like certain politicians Smile. The CPAP machine put all that behind me, even though it was not well dialed in. Still need to get back in shape, riding bicycle etc. I'm 77 w/ BMI of 23 so weight is not an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking for further help. Been on and off a bit groggy and not a lot of energy - though obviously better than a few months back. Have taken most of the stuffing out of pillow and wearing the neck collar. Here are two screen shots, wondering if I should increase the pressure a bit? Thanks so much for any advice (the help so far has been remarkable!).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 73 9 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 263 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 513 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 311 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 295 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 1,001 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.