Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings
Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings
Hello,

I’m a 30 years old male, 188 cm height (6 ft 2”) and weight around 126 kg (280 lbs).

I’ve been diagnosed with sleep apnea (31 AHI) last year in march and been recommended to use a CPAP device with a pressure of 8 cm H2O after the titration test.

After the first few weeks of usage my sleep has improved. But in the last few months I feel more and more sluggish as I used to feel before using the CPAP device. 

Some of the issues I’m facing even when I’m using the CPAP: 
- waking up suddenly up after 20-40 minutes of sleep with a racing heart
- constantly tired during day
- trouble concentrating during the day

The Device I use is a DeVilbiss DV6 with a humidifier and nasal pillow.
 The data that it reports via they smart link app is always an AHI below 4,5 and very brief that is why I installed the Seleepy head app, and the data from there shows big differences with Hyponea Index constantly above 23.

Can somebody help me interpret the data from my CPAP and maybe help me with some custome setting to try out for my CPAP?

What additional information should I provide you?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with CPAP data and settings
Welcome, Catalynux! Yes, your AHI is much too high, and it's no wonder you are not feeling rested. The experts here will be able to help you if you can post a screenshot of your chart after re-arranging it a little. You will find guidance here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You may need to use a different method for taking the screenshot, depending on what kind of computer you are working with. Let us know if you run into problems or have questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your quick reply.

I hope it looks better now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know anything about your machine, but quick search says it's an auto. Is that right?

If yes, first step would seem you want to change it to auto mode.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a CPAP not an aPAP.

The device I'm using is DeVilbiss 6.

I don't have the option of turning ON/OFF the auto settings.
The only auto settings it has are Autostart and Autostop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Catalynux, your arrangement of your chart looks good to me. Now we will wait for an expert to swing by and give you advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you zoom in on some of those Hypopnoeas so we have about a two minute timeline across the screen so we can see the breath wave form it concerns me, the number of events we are seeing, normally I would be recommending more pressure but the frequency events feels wrong for obstructive apnoea in that your seeing periodic breathing flagged and I am wondering if the hypopnea are central in nature, or you just have a very badly configured machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've attached two zoomed in pictures.

Let me know what other interval should I select please.

Post Reply Post Reply
I added some more pictures with more zoom in

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like your charts are a huge amount of RERA and Hypopnea, but very little obstructive apnea. That means you need a larger volume of air for inhalation (IPAP) than your machine is currently providing at its fixed level of 8. No wonder you're so tired!

I'm not familiar with Devilbiss products, maybe someone else who is will chime in. But your pressure needs to go up. There's probably a way for you to make the changes yourself, or set it to auto mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 167 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 226 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 405 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.