Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Interpreting OSCAR Data
Help with Interpreting OSCAR Data
I have been using Airsense 10 for quite a while. However, I have recently been struggling with the therapy. Please take a look at the screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong and how the results are looking in general.

Additional screenshots for reference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Interpreting OSCAR Data
Welcome to Apnea Board,

First thing to address is the leaks. Look at your leak chart. Find the spikey pattern, this signifies the mask is leaking. The majority though, the flatter rounded leak pattern, this is going to be mouth leaks. Combined they've blown your therapy. The PAP can't effectively or accurately give good therapy during this session.

You're probably aware, the ResMed leak redline is 24 and you were at 30 or so most of the night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your response. 

I'm not sure why there was so much leaking last night. I cleaned everything yesterday, so I was hoping for an improvement. 

I have attached my leak chart from two nights ago, does that look fine?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's better than the first chart, but it's not the greatest.

Since you just cleaned your mask, disconnect and try a reassembly. Maybe something didn't click into place correctly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As per your suggestion, I reassembled all the parts that I had cleaned, and I am attaching the results from last night for the same.

In the leak chart, there is an indication of large leaks in the first hour, but it seems pretty okay after that. What could be the possible reasons for the same?

Also, are there any other observations from the charts in general? Thanks in advance.

[attachment=37268]

[attachment=37269]
Post Reply Post Reply
My 2cents for what is worth is your high pressure is 20. My mask would blow also. You have run away pressure caused by flow limits. 

I can give 3 ways to try to handle the pressure

1. Limit the high (max) pressure. You might try a max of 15 and see how that does for control of apnea and keeping the mask on. If to high still try 12. 

Or

2 raise the min to 8 and EPR to 3. 

Or

Combine these

Max 15, min 8, EPR 3

I’m not sure which will be the best for you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you are not using EPR. I suggest you set EPR full time at 3. That should reduce your flow limitations and probably lower the high pressure excursions. I agree with Stacey that the flow limitations are driving the pressure. Also increase the minimum pressure to at least 7 to get the maximum benefit from EPR. A max pressure of 15 should not be too much for the F20. I use the F20 at a maximum of 14 with no leak problems. One issue I've had with the F20 is large leaks caused by my jaw dropping and my lower lip breaking the seal. I've found that a soft cervical collar prevents that. Be sure to post data again after making the changes.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot to both of you. Will make these changes in the settings and post the OSCAR results after that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results after making these changes. While the leaks seem to have improved quite a bit, the AHI is actually higher. What are your observations from these results?

[attachment=37290]

[attachment=37291]

Additional screenshots:

[attachment=37294]

[attachment=37295]
Post Reply Post Reply
The night did look better.  But your flow limits are still quite high.  EPR is set as high as it can go, so I would move the min up .5 to 8.5 and see if that controls them better.  Your high was controlled and it looks like your leaks were helped.  Give it a night and try to be honest with "how do you feel" - better - Worse....?  Don't look an any numbers just how do you feel?

Please post the nights oscar just the first page is enough.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.