Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Interpreting OSCAR Data
RE: Help with Interpreting OSCAR Data
I am feeling slightly better today, but I am not sure how much of that has to do with the settings themselves. Additionally, I have been having overwhelming headaches recently (similar to the ones I used to have before being diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and starting CPAP therapy). The headache seems to be slightly better today, but again I am not sure how much of that is due to the adjusted settings.

By the first page, do you mean the charts for Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, Flow Limit? Or are you referring to some other screenshot?
Post Reply Post Reply
We would like to see the complete daily chart with the charts you listed on the right and the statistics and machine settings on the left without the calendar or pie chart.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
In that case I would have to omit the top part of the sidebar which contains:

Large Leak, Clear Airway, Obstructive, Unclassified Apnea, Hypopnea

Otherwise, the statistics and machine settings wouldn't fit into a single screenshot along with the required charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results after increasing the min pressure to 8.4.

Feeling similar to yesterday, not much difference.

Any specific observations from the charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have flow limits that are a problem. I would try min 9. If that doesn’t work the bipap machine would allow you more EPR (which is called ps on those machines). They are more expensive and harder to gets RX for them. 

A smaller problem you had was some positional apnea. There was only a couple events. You can see positional apnea when you have grouped O or H events.  Watch out about sleeping on your back or using to high of a pillow(s). 

Positional apnea happens when your chin drops to your Sternum and cuts off your airway. Think of it as a kinked hose. You can’t fix it with pressure but by staying out of that position. 

Again it is not bad - it only happed a couple times.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Any new observations? By the way thank you for your continuous help with this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my screenshots for the last two nights, please let me know the kind of progress (or lack thereof) that one can interpret from these charts. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
You really have made progress. If you look at the last set of charts you basically had no events until your flow limits went up after 5 am. 

I can not see the settings for EPR I assume it is at 3 that we talked about. That is as high as this machine can go. So if it is at 3 I don’t have much else. 

Please keep posting with how you feel and charts. If I don’t have any more suggestions does not mean someone else will 

Congratulations on your progress. The first night you could not even consider having any therapy with the leaks you had and the runaway pressures.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
That you have reached your goal. That is unless you feel something needs adjusting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2021, 10:50 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I can not see the settings for EPR I assume it is at 3 that we talked about. That is as high as this machine can go. So if it is at 3 I don’t have much else. 

Yes, the EPR is still at 3. I forgot to scroll down before taking the screenshot. 

Big thanks for the reply and observations. I do feel better rested, so I guess it is definitely working.

(11-24-2021, 12:22 AM)Gideon Wrote: That you have reached your goal.  That is unless you feel something needs adjusting.

Alright, thanks a lot. Seems like I have made a lot of progress, at least from a numbers point of view.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 48 6 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.