Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Oscar Data Info
Help with Oscar Data Info
I recently switched from the Dreamstation CPAP machine to Resmed Airsense 10 (best decision I've ever made).

The screenshots below are from 3 separate nights. The other 2 nights I only used for a couple of hours and there's not much data on it.

Can you provide any adjustments I should make to in my setup?

1st night (best night sleep in a long time, 1st time using Resmed)

2nd night /no screenshot uploaded (used for a couple of hours)

3rd night (woke a little tired)

4th night /no screenshot uploaded (used for a couple of hours)

5th night (had great sleep)

Oops forgot to include current machine settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Oscar Data Info
I would try bumping min pressure to 7 so you gain the full benefits of EPR 3. It'll help as well with the bit of flow limits. EPR can only reduce pressure down to a minimum of 4 on setting 3 if your pressure starts at 7. Your 6.4 pressure and EPR 3 still yields a drop to 4, as that's as low as it can ever go. But that slight bump to 7 may take away some more flow limits.

Second, although the ramp is in Auto time, it's set to 5 which is pediatric territory. And like your day 5 OSCAR, you have 3 start sessions, each with Ramp deducting actual therapy time. Ramp tends to add disruption instead of comfort with the change to regular therapy programming, at least in some to most.

Both these may make therapy more comfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thansks for the feedback.

I will bump the min pressure to 7.

Should I switch ramp from Auto to something or adjust something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting ramp to off will provide therapy full time. During the ramp period the machine just blows air and does not respond to events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2021, 01:46 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: Setting ramp to off will provide therapy full time. During the ramp period the machine just blows air and does not respond to events.

Thanks alot.  

In the meantime, I kept it to ramp to "Auto" and increased the start pressure 6.4.

Should I post the "advanced" data charts as well or this is good enough for now? 

Also, if anyone wants to recommend additional info, please comment.

I'm pretty amaze how well/quiet the Resmed CPAP machine when compared to my recalled Dreamstation.

Thanks to all!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The standard OSCAR is ok unless there's specific issues that need addressed.

Try the edit a night, post standard OSCAR, and tell us the answer to the question "How do you feel?" Decide your answer before seeing data. We want your subjective opinion on therapy before data influences the answer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2021, 04:06 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The standard OSCAR is ok unless there's specific issues that need addressed.

Try the edit a night, post standard OSCAR, and tell us the answer to the question "How do you feel?" Decide your answer before seeing data. We want your subjective opinion on therapy before data influences the answer.

Will do...

The reason I kept the ramp to 'Auto' was since I normaly put my mask on and stay awake for approx. 30 min. 

I may eventually turn it 'off' but for the meantime, I'll keep it this way.

Thanks alot for the input and I'll report back tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the updated screenshot from last night.

I did wake up feeling tired this morning, but I was woken suddenly due to a small emergency, however, overall I feel good. 

Also, I had wasnt wearing the mask around midnight for about 20-30 min.

I'm thinking of turning off ramp mode. The reason I was using is due to the machine "supposedly" knows when you're awake or not and I'm normally awake for the 1st 30 min. It seems alot of folks recommed to turn it off.

Should I adjust the pressure at all? Should I decrease the max from 14 to 12 or it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the assist.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend trying this setting for a few days for a better assessment. It doesn't seem like your flow limitations cause your pressure to go up that high, so it's your choice if you want to lower the max. It won't make a difference because your max doesn't go up that high if you look at it. Personally, I would try fixed pressure, but it's your choice. Your fixed pressure is somewhere in the range of 7-8.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, the current settings look very good, and at this point we won't usually make changes on the basis of one night. Your CA was up just a bit, but obstruction and flow limitation is very improved. This usually feels pretty good. The increased CA can be as simple as more sleep arousals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.