Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with oscar
RE: Help with oscar
The Philips has some manual time controls that helps a select few. Other than that, the ResMed ASV is considered better. I've used the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, and except for my extra complicated COPD to Asthma over complex Apnea, the ResMed ASV did very well for 2 plus years.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a rough night. I upped my pressure to 10 and turned on cflex to help with exhalation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info dave. i think im going to buy a resmed asv. I just cant see myself waiting however long for some relief.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK an OSCAR pointer, if you wish to do this, go into OSCAR and turn off the VS2 flag. It'll give OSCAR charts a cleaner look. VS2 is vibratory snore, and hose vibrations can be picked up and flagged.

Yes it looks a bit rough. Did the setting edits help any with therapy?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to tell because I didn't "sleep" very well. Tonight should be better. It usually takes me a couple days to notice any improvement after an adjustment. I will make the changes on OSCAR you mentioned
Post Reply Post Reply
Brent, the ASV is for complex and central apnea. I think the machine that would suit your obstructive sleep apnea best is the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. It is capable of higher pressures than your CPAP and the Resmed is much more preventive in getting ahead of events rather than lagging behind in response. The Vauto is a bilevel (BiPAP/VPAP) and will provide pressure support to treat the flow limits and hypopnea that are a problem for you. Your positional apnea will still need attention, and it really doesn't matter what pressure we throw at the problem, if you are physically obstructed like we saw before using a soft collar.

Please do not buy an ASV machine. I don't see any reason for you to spend that kind of money, and the way it works is simply the wrong solution for your obstructive sleep apnea. On your current CPAP, change to Auto mode and use a starting pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 12.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes agreed, ResMed VAuto is the target machine for you. The ASV doesn't do well with those that don't have CA issues. And that's by design, the ASV is really only going to benefit Central and mixed Apnea sufferers. You'd be overspending to get the wrong PAP machine.

PS I missed that post about the ASV earlier or I'd have mentioned that then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider and Dave,
I just want to thank you so much for the help.
It means alot to me. I will take your word for it as I really don't know what I'm looking at yet as far as the oscar charts go. This sleep apnea stuff came on quick and its consumed the last 6 monthes of my life. I was totally alone until I found this forum. You guys are a lifesaver as I feel like there's hope where I didn't see any before.
Thank you all for literally saving my life.
Brent
Post Reply Post Reply
Are we talking about the remed aircurve S10 Vauto Bilevel machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2021, 06:19 PM)Brentcullum Wrote: Are we talking about the remed aircurve S10 Vauto Bilevel machine?

Yesiree! Although they might call it Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.  It's what I use and a finer device does not currently exist to fix the obstruction and airway resistance that subconsciously arouses you at night and adds to fatigue.  It has the response and timing controls to overcome most of what we throw at it. You can probably tell from the shape of my nose and throat (see avatar) that obstruction and snoring was my habit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.