Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with oscar
RE: Help with oscar
If I am snoring should I up my pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
What makes you think you're snoring?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The vibratory snore on oscar. I guess a better question would be, should I change my pressure tonight or leave it alone?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are referring to the VS2 events, you can get those just by dragging the hose ribs across the edge of your nightstand. I would recommend that you turn off that parameter. No one that I know really understands its significance.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, typically VS2 flags in OSCAR is suggested to be turned off. It can be from hose vibrations, and other sources. Just another Respironics murky secret ingredients CPAP recipe.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning all,
Last night was another rough night. was up most of the night and when i did doze off it wasnt for very long.
im still looking for where i turn VS flags off. anyway these graphs are from last night. they look alittle different. maybe because i upped my presure to 10.5.
i dont know. it looks like there is more centrals going on. something is keeping me from deep sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom left of your charts you will see a pull-down menu with PB at the top. If you look on there, you will see the VS2 flags, and you can un-check that.

CA events are consistently inconsistent, and here we see a lot of events with periodic breathing and hypopnea. I don't see any change in pressure, and I can't see what is different than the previous night. I think for now continue and we will see where this settles out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good. Should I wait on buying a different machine until we know for sure what I need. Or do we already know that the previously mentioned machine is the best choice. The resmed aircurve V10 auto bilevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just don't want to buy the wrong machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
A ResMed of some flavor will improve therapy and very likely comfort too. If you're only doing fixed pressure, then maybe something like the AutoSet would suffice. It'll be a bit less expensive, but the ResMed VAuto would be overall more capable. Myself, I'd lean towards the VAuto. Let's get input from some others, but that's my take.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.