Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 Month into CPAP - Still Exhausted. What Data to Post?
RE: 1 Month into CPAP - Still Exhausted. What Data to Post?
Thanks - hanging in there has been tough - I'd give a lot to just feel awake and alert.

I take prescription Vit D. I've also been on antidepressants for the past few years.

My T was low, but needed to get the apnea treated first. I go back for T bloodwork in early Nov to see if it is still low on CPAP. Then, I'll have another in-lab sleep study to make sure the number of arousals are consistent with what the machine is showing and nothing else is amiss. Everything else (thryoid, etc) was fine.

I'm almost hoping my T is still low after all is said and done, because if it isn't, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm guessing the sleep doc will just tell me the therapy is 'working' and I'll be left feeling just as exhausted.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 Month into CPAP - Still Exhausted. What Data to Post?
(10-01-2016, 02:42 AM)IMSleeplessInSeattle Wrote: I take prescription Vit D. I've also been on antidepressants for the past few years.

That could be part of the feeling exhausted. Antidepressants can commonly have that effect even after long term use. Now that the cpap looks to be working somewhat I would consider talking to you meds Doc and seeing if reducing the dosage is an option on the ad. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 64 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 152 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,968 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.