Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] High AHI but technician says all OK...
RE: High AHI but technician says all OK...
With all respect, that answer is for you to decide. If that is what your treatment is now, is it good enough to produce rest? Is that method of treatment successful? If yes, then it's your choice to stay on that path or not. If it's something yet to happen, you'll need to experience it to know if it's good enough or not. Then if it happens that it is not successful, you'll need a plan B as in a new option.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 02:31 PM)Benzi Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 12:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I've dealt with similar doctors. One retired so I didn't need to deal with him further. Maybe you need to consider replacing the doc if that's an option.

This doctor is too young to retire in the near future...

But is it so terrible to take a sleeping pill and stay with 3-4 central apneas?

3 to 4 apneas in a night is nothing to be concerned about. 3-4 apnea per hour might be something to work on.  If you consistently have satisfactory event rates, and feel good, there is really no more that needs to be done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would submit that being on a sleeping pill long term would not be a great solution.  Although I am not drug phobic, every drug has side effects and I would worry about the long term effects of using a sleeping pill to get the desired effect for your treatment.  Potentially the rest of your life.  Just my own opinion.  But in the end, everyone has to decide for themselves!  No judgement here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 01:43 PM)Marillion Wrote: I would submit that being on a sleeping pill long term would not be a great solution.  Although I am not drug phobic, every drug has side effects and I would worry about the long term effects of using a sleeping pill to get the desired effect for your treatment.  Potentially the rest of your life.  Just my own opinion.  But in the end, everyone has to decide for themselves!  No judgement here.

Hi Marillion, thanks for your input. Right now I'm working on getting back to being able to function again. I will do anything to not wake up feeling - the only word I can come up with is "crappy", being unable to function. The fact that my AHI was 3 last night was fantastic for me. From past experience if I can continue sleeping with 3-4 apneas an hour I will be fine. I managed to get out of bed this morning at 6 and start my day! That hasn't happened for months. Typically it's taken me a couple of hours till I'm alert enough to do anything.

I agree that long-term sleeping pills are not ideal. Once I am back to feeling well again, I'll tackle finding alternative ways to reduce my CA's without drugs. Maybe losing the weight that I've put on since the pandemic began. Maybe other ways to sleep calmer - acupuncture comes to mind, it's helped me with some issues in the past.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,416 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.