Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] High Pressure CPAP
RE: High Pressure CPAP
DAW, good catch Sparky
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome bonjour
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting on my old machine was 15.  Do I request "2 fulltime" for the new one?
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO settings are somewhat arbitrary, as you'll be doing adjustments yourself with coaching from us here on AB. If you feel better having it on the script then quote bonjour's suggested settings "Settings 7-20 EPR=2 fulltime" from his post earlier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, I picked up a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and have been using it for about ten days.  I fall asleep fine with it, but then wake up and find that I have taken the mask off so I put it back on.  I don't know what is happening to cause me to take it off.

I am hoping that it is just the settings.  I slept fine with my old ResMed machine for many years before the high pressure episodes started.

I am posting a few screenshots, but I probably don't have them formatted properly.  I will be happy to try all suggestions.  

Thanks again John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
According to OSCAR data, your machine is set to wide open 4-20 with a ramp and I don't see EPR being on. You will need to bump Min pressure to 7 as was previously discussed with an EPR of 2 full time. The current pressure is causing air starvation and the body remedies this by ripping off the mask. Changing the settings to bonjour's suggested numbers should fix this almost immediately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start with setting the min pressure to 7.

The charts you posted indicate that therapeutically you don't need anything close to the 15 you were using.

For comfort you mayneed more pressure. Start with min =7
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't wait to try it - thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Changed the min pressure to 7 and EPR to 2 Fulltime.  Still waking up with the mask off.  This morning, I took it off due to high constant pressure.  Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is a "high constant pressure"?
I see a pressure responding to high flow limits going up to where I start, about 11 cmw, and then coming back down.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 454 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 98 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Ear tubes to help with CPAP ear pressure? PaulaO2 16 3,287 04-19-2024, 04:17 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 365 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 134 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 198 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 176 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.