Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] High Pressure CPAP
RE: High Pressure CPAP
What is the specific make and model of machine they offer? And what is your current apnea diagnosis?

Maybe I'd say let's see the results of the home sleep study data then we can assess whether or not they have the right machine ready for you. If you can, post the home sleep study charts redacting personal info.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am the last person in the world to be giving advice, but, here goes.  I am pretty sure I saw where your minimum pressure is 5.  If so, that is too low.  I think it needs to closer to 9,10 or 11.  Or just ignore this advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min pressure should be
min = 4 + EPR = 4 + 3 = 7 for ResMed
min = 4 + 2 = 6, this is allowing 2 cmw for flex
Higher min valuse are to address obstructive issues
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine I can pick up is a Philips Respironics DREAMPACK-200 Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips Respironics DREAMPACK-200 Dreamstation is a fixed pressure machine. You will be better of with an autoajusting machine that will regulate the pressure according to your needs. The best machine for most is the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. There are several Airsense 10 models. Be sure to request the autoset. The billing code is the same for it and the machine you've been offered and the supplier charges your insurance the same amount for both. Ask your Dr. to specify Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in your prescription and and the supplier will not be able to substitute a less capable machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely do that.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2020, 12:54 AM)jkatitus Wrote: I will definitely do that.  Thanks again.

.pdf   Sleep Study Page 2.pdf (Size: 44.32 KB / Downloads: 11)

Attached are the results of my in-home sleep study.  I spoke with my doctor and he said he would prescribe whatever machine I requested.  He previously prescribed just "Cpap" and they wanted to give me a Philips Respironics DREAMPACK-200 Dreamstation.  MELMAN above suggested a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  In light of these results, is that what I should request?

Again, many, many thanks.

PS I also think I can avoid the titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
John I have edited the first page of your report as it contains your full name and date of birth.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet is a much better machine to start with. Ask for a heated hose as well.
Settings 7-20 EPR=2 fulltime
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in agreement. Yes, specify the doc writes heated hose and the ResMed Autoset. Ask the doc to include "Dispense as written" if he/she puts the above info on a script. Even if the doc writes pressure settings, we'll help you with it here in edits to be the best for you.

PS Accept NO substitutes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 11 189 8 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 12 242 11 hours ago
Last Post: RichardW
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 106 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 146 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 119 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 173 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 168 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.