Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] High Pressure CPAP
RE: High Pressure CPAP
What is the specific make and model of machine they offer? And what is your current apnea diagnosis?

Maybe I'd say let's see the results of the home sleep study data then we can assess whether or not they have the right machine ready for you. If you can, post the home sleep study charts redacting personal info.
Dave
I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience and researched info regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I am the last person in the world to be giving advice, but, here goes.  I am pretty sure I saw where your minimum pressure is 5.  If so, that is too low.  I think it needs to closer to 9,10 or 11.  Or just ignore this advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min pressure should be
min = 4 + EPR = 4 + 3 = 7 for ResMed
min = 4 + 2 = 6, this is allowing 2 cmw for flex
Higher min valuse are to address obstructive issues
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine I can pick up is a Philips Respironics DREAMPACK-200 Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The Philips Respironics DREAMPACK-200 Dreamstation is a fixed pressure machine. You will be better of with an autoajusting machine that will regulate the pressure according to your needs. The best machine for most is the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. There are several Airsense 10 models. Be sure to request the autoset. The billing code is the same for it and the machine you've been offered and the supplier charges your insurance the same amount for both. Ask your Dr. to specify Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in your prescription and and the supplier will not be able to substitute a less capable machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely do that.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user High AHI dbarrett480 4 142 02-22-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 74 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very high tidal volume then BND elliotg 5 165 02-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Pressure] High pressure after bathroom visit Roamer321 15 335 02-18-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Roamer321
  [CPAP] Pressure Limited on Auto CPAP dcway 14 387 02-15-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  1st Night Bi-Pap, high pressures = terrible Brando80 46 687 02-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Lost Weight, AHI went sky high bipapped 12 365 01-22-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.