Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Higher AHI readings after sometime
Higher AHI readings after sometime
Hi,
I'm new to the CPAP machine and this is my first post.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and decided to get a CPAP machine after 2 sleep tests.
I have been using a DreamStation Auto with humidifier for the past 2 months.
Initially I was having AHI readings around 2 to 3 and a reading around 6 to 7 for the 90% pressure. I noticed a big difference in my life after started using the machine.
Lately the AHI readings have been going up to around 6 to 7 and similar readings for the 90% pressure.
I have not changed any settings and I'm not sure whether I should do anything differently to have the AHI readings back to a lower level.
I would very much appreciate it if I could have some feedback for you guys about this.
Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Higher AHI readings after sometime
Welcome, Peter8! The experts will have their best shot at helping you if you would post a couple of Sleepyhead charts, maybe one from the earlier period and one from the more recent period. Take a look at these instructions about how to arrange your charts:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Let us know if you have any trouble with this.
Post Reply Post Reply
How's your health? I find that any kind of respiratory infection or allergy - basically anything that impacts on my breathing - increases my AHI. Also, even fairly small changes in my weight affect my AHI. The heavier I am, the higher my AHI for the same pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=13247][attachment=13248][attachment=13249][attachment=13250][attachment=13251]
Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I'm not sure whether I managed to get you the screen shots you mentioned.
Anyway, the first 5 screen shots are from the initial period and the second are from the recent days.
Cheers.

[attachment=13252][attachment=13253][attachment=13254][attachment=13255][attachment=13256]
Hi,
I posted 5 attachments previously.
These are the screen shots regarding the most recent readings.
please let me know if this is sufficient.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. My health is fine at the moment. In other words there's no difference between when I started the machine and now.
I may have put a couple of kilos. It's winter here in Australia and less chance of exercising (well, that's my excuse). At the moment my weight is 66 kg.
I'm a bit surprised with the difference in readings.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day. You are having clusters and may need a $10 foam cervical collar from chemist warehouse. To keep your throat open. Think CPR with your chin up and head back. See what that fixes. You can then adjust your sleeping position to suit and possibly not need it.
Get the manual from the top of the page. set the min pressure to 7 for now
You need to get rid of the calendar on the chart, as well. That is on the 'view' drop down list and can toggle on and off.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day ajack,
Thanks for your reply and advise.
I'll try the cervical collar.
Can I ask you what pillow do you use. There's so many choices in the market with "scientific", "ergonomic " and "memory" all over the place.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 465 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,427 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 396 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 379 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.