Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Hose length may have created major problem
RE: Hose length may have created major problem
Update: I installed the Sleepyhead software and have the data from the SD card - all data from first day until this morning. I will hold off installing the Res Scan and ask my new friends on this forum if they have heard of any issues with both Sleepyhead and Res Scan software installed on Windows Vista. The mystery of why with AHI readings all less than 5 for ten days a one hour nap had a 24 reading and the first few hours last night had high AHI readings with the 8' tubing. No abnormal readings I could find with the 6' tubing on the Sleepyhead very intensive studies.

A few minutes ago I used the 8' tubing on my old Res Med CPAP and did not detect any leaks in the hose. I noted that there is a hose length setting in the old Res Med S8 and no such setting in the Air Sense 10.

I shall 'endeavor to persevere.'
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible that during a nap that you may get what is sometimes referred to as wake-sleep junk.
Some people see events in the transition time between sleep and being awake.
A nap is a short "sleep" where the wake-sleep transitional stuff is averaged over a short time span.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
To My Friends who have helped. Let me close this discussion by reporting that the nap incident that alarmed me was just a fluke of some kind. I have used the 8 foot tubing for more than a week now and had not repeats of the high AHI. Thanks to all.[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got it sorted out, Tipperaray!

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,943 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,513 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 293 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,864 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.