Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How Resmed Airsense 10 can have exact time without 3G wireless module?
RE: How Resmed Airsense 10 can have exact time without 3G wireless module?
(11-23-2018, 09:44 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I would guess the battery is like the kind used for cell phones.

I have no idea. All I do know, is that it's most likely under the plate on the bottom of my machine. It's secured in place by some small Phillips head screws.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not very important matter which kind of battery is originally equipped, just in my opinion it would be a kind of coin look battery as Lithium as like as PC main board's one which is for BIOS.
All guys many thanks for replies all I'm helped
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a lithium button cell under the covers it can be replaced if needed but generally it outlives the unit as it’s power is only used when unplugged
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a picture of ResMed S9 circuit board.

Bottom right you can see the lithium button cell battery. I'm guessing the AS10 uses similar.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2018, 07:48 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: There is a lithium button cell under the covers it can be replaced if needed but generally it outlives the unit as it’s power is only used when unplugged

Good to know, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2018, 07:24 PM)channism Wrote: It's really insane for me that if I purchase from USA distributor and import by myself, the cellular option is working really well (my friend uses it as is) EVEN in Korea with Korean mobile carrier with WCDMA which is SKT who is in service with WCDMA Band 1 (2.1ghz) & LTE...
I can expect its meaning that Resmed & SKT both already had a kind of contract to connect WCDMA service...

There are all sorts of nuances involved with cell phone technology. I'm not familiar with them, so this is just general information.

Generally speaking, it is possible for devices in the vicinity of CDMA towers to obtain the correct time, even without having "service" from a carrier. For example, here is an NTP device that updates itself with the correct time from CDMA towers, no service required:

http://www.endruntechnologies.com/cdma

Maybe your machine really is using CDMA to get the correct time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I've conclusion that my machine doesn't have any kind of wireless(aka. 3G/WCDMA/LTE whatever) module or entirely disabled by its embedded original specific firmware, so the machine can have and record the current time only by user's manual setting up thru Clinician mode. Not by Mobile carrier even if it can have correct current time from carrier without permitted usim or service... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 7 97 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,365 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 858 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,930 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.