Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How do these stats look?
How do these stats look?
How do these stats look?

[attachment=1565]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do these stats look?
Looks good! I would bump up the starting pressure to 6 with a max of 14.
Are you using the ramp feature? You could try turning it off.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not even sure I would bump up the start pressure unless you are getting a cluster of CAs or OAs at the beginning of the night - you are doing brilliantly with things just the way they are. If you bump the pressure from 4 to 6, do it because of a cluster of events showing up in the first hour of sleep, otherwise, leave it. Change for change sake brings nothing here. If you continue with these numbers, you are smiling. Don't go chasing 0 AHI, it is rubbish to think you need to and an illusion to believe that it is either healthy or natural - no healthy person has 0 AHI, most healthy people don't register AHIs below 1.5 to 3.5 on most nights (I know - we tested that with a bunch of very willing med students and compared it to figures gathered 30 years ago - no change in the averages). The idea that we MUST push the AHI all the way down is not born out by nature or by any evidence. Where you are at is excellent and beyond excellent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2015, 02:11 PM)rx77310 Wrote: How do these stats look?

Most important is how you feel. Your pressure range of 4-20 is wide open. Most people find it hard to inhale with a starting pressure of 4, more like a feeling of suffocation. That is the only reason I suggest to raise it a bit. Your numbers are very good. Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success is easy when you see it. You're sleeping hours are great. Your AHI is below 5. Your sleep doc would give you a gold star.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,151 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,508 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 395 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.