Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How long before you felt rested?
RE: How long before you felt rested?
I felt rested the first time I used it. I think my body was so happy to get oxygen! I'm in my first week and after three days my energy level is off the charts! There's even energy to workout now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used CPAP for years at what I thought was the correct pressure. My AHI was very low and I could definitely feel a difference compared to no CPAP. When I got a machine with data I learned that I was still having enough RERA at that pressure that it was affecting my ability to get restful sleep. A 2cm H2O increase in pressure improved my sleep quite a bit.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
i wondered this as well. I'm only 2 weeks in, but I feel just as tired and sometimes more tired than before I started. Saw my resp tech today for 2 week appoint, and she is testing my O2 says overnight to just make sure they are good.

With tx my ahi is 0.7, and almost zero mask leaks. So that part is doing well.

Trying to hang in there!

Post Reply Post Reply
I came home from the sleep study on the CPAP where they woke me up every 2 hours to get on my back, my side, try another mask etc. and worked for 2 days non stop.
After I got my machine I was unstoppable immediately, for a month or 2, but then it tapered off (or I got used to being alive again, instead one of the walking asleep). I now get tired some days etc and need to make sure I get my 8 hours, but it is only 8, I was sleeping for 9 - 10 before and walking in a daze.

I know this is not usual for everyone but for me it was magic. It was like a light switch, and the few nights I have not used the CPAP, the switch is off again just as fast.

Good luck with your journey
Post Reply Post Reply
my first 2 weeks i felt worse than i ever had before. my AHI was .5 and i slept a solid 7 hours a night, next 2 weeks were better but still just as bad as before starting therapy. 2 months in now and i fell absolutely amazing still have AHI .5 and 7 hour average but energy and happiness like i haven't had in 10 or more years. think 'm ready to get off SSDI and get back to work!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 166 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 268 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 381 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 348 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  Long story short chronic 5 422 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 583 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 249 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.