Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How long to get a new AS11 Autoset?
How long to get a new AS11 Autoset?
Just jumped through all the hoops to get a new Resmed AS11 Autoset. DME said it would be 2 to 3 months before it could be shipped. Paid my co-pays and first months “rent”. 

Question is: How close is this to others experience?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long to get a new AS11 Autoset?
I ordered it March 27 from supplier#1 and received it April 1. Did not go through insurance though. (Tried that with local brick and mortar and waited 6 months until they tried to give me Chinese knock off.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Get a list of all the DME's that your insurance supports as in-network. CALL them ALL and ask two questions Do they have any ResMed AutoSets in stock? then What is the delivery time for them?

SOME DME's were Phillips ONLY. I'll bet it doesn't surprise you that ResMed takes care of their other customers first. So call them. tell them you are in the process of choosing the DME to provide your AutoSet and all the supplies for it. Your criteria is who can deliver the fastest. Call Hart Medical. Tell them your situation and ask them the same question. They told me 1 week is typical for a ResMed AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do be aware that they lie, though.

In mid-September, Apria told me 4 weeks for an AirSense11. Early December they called and mentioned that they were going to send me a Chinese knockoff, and I told them that if they did I would just send it back. Fast forward to March 17th, when I got a phone call saying that it was on its way, and it showed up on March 18th and had clearly been shipped on the 16th.

Rather long 4 weeks...
Post Reply Post Reply
When I went to the store they said there was a shortage all over thr US because of the Philips recall. They called me like March 16th to tell me they started the insurance process and got my ResMed 11 April 1st. Mine is the auto one so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I managed to get my AS11 shipped within a week of ordering. Was a really smooth process.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the answer is 3 months. Arrived today.  Every 3 weeks the DME sent me an email to let me know we haven’t for gotten me. Very happy with the process, not so much the delay but with all the world problems it can be expected.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been waiting since November and haven't received it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2022, 08:05 PM)Rcgop Wrote: And the answer is 3 months. Arrived today.  Every 3 weeks the DME sent me an email to let me know we haven’t for gotten me. Very happy with the process, not so much the delay but with all the world problems it can be expected.

this wasn't based on anything, but the Phillips recall
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your new machine, Rcgop!

I saw my sleep doctor on January 31st and picked up my AirSense 11 from the DME on February 17.  

The DME had them in stock in a warehouse, so the time was all processing the order and scheduling me for an appointment with a respiratory therapist.  The doctor had said it might take two or three months.  It sounded like that was there experience in 2021 due to all the Covid-related delays on top of the Philips recall.  I guess I was lucky to get my Rx just as the backlog was clearing.

I wonder if more people have gotten tested this year, with things getting more or less back to normal, increasing demand again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 92 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 118 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.