Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How many charts/images needed for help interpreting results?
How many charts/images needed for help interpreting results?
Hello,

I started CPAP on 12/4/2017. I was diagnosed with a total AHI of 28.4 and AHI of 41.5 in supine position. 

Jan 1 I had AHI of 7.65 with 40 obstructive apneas according to sleepyhead. I would like help in lowering AHI. Just wanted to know how many sleeplyhead chart images I should submit, i.e. last three days?

I've also been been trying to minimize mask leaks and had only one large leak on Jan 1. I am using philips respironics amara view.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How many charts/images needed for help interpreting results?
How many depends on how consistent you are from night to night.
Also important is having the charts formatted properly so we have the right information and none of the "fluff" like the calendar and the pie chart.

One typical night can be extremely helpful if you tend to be consistent. Someone may ask that you zoom in on a particular section, so you may need to post more than one even of the same night.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post charts. Until you have 4 posts needed to post a link, just add a space in the image link like h ttp://yourLinkHere.com. Since your pressure is 6-20, events are obstructive or hypopnea, and you're using a Philips Dreamstation, it's almost a foregone conclusion your minimum pressure is too low. So post one or more charts and I suspect we can put together a plan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've uploaded 4 images that are representative of SH results.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/EKZfG

Thanks in advance for all advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
extra space in your link, this should work;

https://imgur.com/a/EKZfG
Post Reply Post Reply
I would do two things. First I'd bump the minimum pressure to 11cm and next I'd go buy a soft cervical collar to prevent tucking your chin in and cutting off your airway.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mr. walters,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The suggestions by Walla are very good, and I agree. Events are predominately obstructive, including all the CA, H and FL (flow limitation). I'm a bit surprised not to see more snoring.  The Philips Dreamstation Auto is a relatively slow machine to respond to obstructive cues, compared to Resmed, and it tends to drop pressure fairly fast.  I think a minimum pressure of 11.0 is likely to work, but you need to deal with the positional apnea.  The clustering of events is what points to a positional apnea (chin tucking) that may respond to a soft cervical collar.  Your median pressure here was 11.9 and you got over 17 cm. Using a collar will reduce those pressures and result in better treatment.  Leak rate is good, and may also improve with the collar.

The good news is, this is simple obstructive apnea, and you are going to do great, with a very low event rate once you're dialed in.

[Image: bkwPy9R.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla & Sleeprider for advice.  

I just bought a soft cervical collar today and will try it out tonight as well as bumping up the pressure to 11 as suggested. I look forward to lowering the event rate. It's encouraging to know that I just have simple obstructive apnea and that things will get better.

Thanks for the welcome trish6hundred.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 97 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.