Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How to change settings on ResMed VPAP S
How to change settings on ResMed VPAP S
For the last 21 years I have used RemStar Auto A-Flex with a RemStar heated humidifier at first I guess they were wholly owned by Respironics. Now it says Phillips Respironics anyway. My machine is messed up and I can't afford a new one at initial payment of $351 and 12 months at $50 per month. 3 years ago my father in-law passed and he had a brand new ResMed VPAP S my setting has always been 11. I knew how to change the settings on the old machine but this new VPAP S. I know how to enter the advanced settings menu by pressing the two large buttons simultaneously and selecting menu. I can also move around with the up and down arrows but I can't seen to get the setting for a pressure of 11 and what to select for over the head Opus Mask with Nasal Pillows. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.
Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to change settings on ResMed VPAP S
I think you have an older model -- the S8.
For nasal pillows, the mask type is set to SWIFT.
You'll have to follow down a long path to get to pressure... I have forgotten the exact sequence. You set two pressures on a VPAP machine -- IPAP and EPAP. IPAP > EPAP as it is a bilevel machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
(03-08-2015, 05:36 AM)justMongo Wrote: I think you have an older model -- the S8.
For nasal pillows, the mask type is set to SWIFT.
You'll have to follow down a long path to get to pressure... I have forgotten the exact sequence. You set two pressures on a VPAP machine -- IPAP and EPAP. IPAP > EPAP as it is a bilevel machine.

I'll try that.
Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Carlos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I Hope you are able to get the pressure set on your machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 365 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.