Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How to know amount of apnea occurrences on Dreamstation
How to know amount of apnea occurrences on Dreamstation
I am a new user of the Philips dreamstation Auto. Can anyone tell me how I can know how many actual apnea occurrences I have at night while using the machine? I don't know where this info is recorded.
Thanks,
Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to know amount of apnea occurrences on Dreamstation
This information is reported on your machines LCD screen under Info. If you don't see therapy information (AHI, pressure, etc), you may need to put the machine into provider mode by pressing the Ramp button and Control Knob at the same time for 5 seconds. When you hear the beep you can use the dial to change to Info, and select by pressing the knob, then scroll down to AHI. You can get a provider manual from the forum by following instructions at the link at the top of page. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

A better way, is to download #Sleepyhead for free and install it on a computer. This will give you detailed information on your therapy results, history and machine settings. You can also share the charts here online for more help. When you setup your Sleepyhead profile, use your forum name rather than personal information. This way any charts you post will still protect your identity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you want the "actual apnea occurrences" or the ApneaHyponea Index?

I'm pretty sure the info screen will show the AHI, but not the number of apneas. You can calculate it by taking the hours and multiplying it by the AHI to get the total number of apneas + hypopneas. To get greater detail, you can to use Sleepyhead. ( AHI = (Apneas + Hypopneas)/hours of CPAP ) I think the AHI includes one or two other numbers in addition to the A and H, but those are the big ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also could use DreamMapper for your computer or cell phone which will show you AHI broken down by OA's, CA's and Hypopneas. The data may transfer automatically if your DME is still collecting data. You also can use Bluetooth to transfer the data or use the DreamMapper data card uploader.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your screen is not lit up...

Press the big round knob in once and it will light up with a screen the says Main Menu with an up arrow.

DO NOT PUSH THE KNOB AGAIN to access the Main Menu, the information you are looking for is found in the My Info section by simply rotating the round knob left or right to see the Daily-Weekly-Monthly numbers for AHI, Hours of Use, Periodic Breathing, and so forth.

The Main Menu is accessed by pushing the big knob in a second time, and then rotating left or right to access the various options available for the user.

I would be wary of entering in to Provider Mode at this time, unless you are tech savvy you may end up accidentally making changes to the prescription settings when all you are seeking at this point is information on how your statistics are going.

And Sleepyhead will give you more than enough information to follow and monitor your progress.
Use the link and suggestions Sleeprider has mentioned, another link to the Sleepyhead download can be found under the Apnea Board banner at the top of any page of this forum, to right of centre in the line links.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Garys121,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,435 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,392 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.