Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How to upload SD card??
RE: How to upload SD card??
just asking my job asked for this what is compliance reporting ?

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, my understanding of "compliance reporting" is that the machine captures the amount of time it is used, so that your "compliance" (i.e., following your m.d.'s order) is monitored. this way, insurance company can see that you are benefiting from the cpap and that it is worth paying for the device.

Note that other members know more than me and more detailed answers may follow. . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. It is all about compliance. Most insurance companies require you to use it 70% of the time and/or a minimum of 4hrs a night.

They could give a rip if the treatment is working, only that you are using it.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 02:15 PM)grumpycat Wrote: FWIW, my understanding of "compliance reporting" is that the machine captures the amount of time it is used, so that your "compliance" (i.e., following your m.d.'s order) is monitored. this way, insurance company can see that you are benefiting from the cpap and that it is worth paying for the device.

Note that other members know more than me and more detailed answers may follow. . . .

Is this an American phenomenon or is the concept used in other countries? Now that I finally got my coveted AutoSet I have no further appointments with the doctor or DME or hospital or anything. They did their jobs (pi$$ poor as they may be) and now none of them have anything to do with me. Because the Assistive Devices Program pays for equipment on a need basis they don't monitor progress or usage or anything here in Ontario Canada. It's mine and now nobody else cares. I'm still debating whether that is good or bad. Probably good.

A page on determining compliance on a ResMed S9:
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...liance.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
No, compliance reports depends on the insurance, not necessarily the location. I think Britons have to turn in their compliance record on a regular basis. Other insurance only wants to see it for the first 3 months.

I have Medicare/Medicaid and have never had to submit a compliance report. The only time the DME mentioned it was when I went in for a new mask. I took the old one and he said "No need to check your hours! That poor thing is evidence you use it!" (it was falling apart)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 08:58 AM)ruscottm Wrote: just asking my job asked for this what is compliance reporting ?

They want to make sure you're using your machine. If you're not using it for at least 4 hours a night, or something like that, they will consider you non-compliant.

This usually happens when an employer wants to make sure that an employee is cooperating in their medical treatment for sleep apnea.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with OSCAR upload NAVEENMOHAN 4 372 03-18-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,887 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Provider cant upload data because machine was bought online? ICS55 10 2,968 03-17-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: DesireeRRTDME
  [Equipment] Resmed 10 Upload Memory Card gallardojaime 4 856 05-03-2020, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Upload of OSCAR Data-Review Help Requested Diggers4pg 6 1,224 05-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Diggers4pg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.