Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: resmed mirage quattro
Humidifier: h5i
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: How to upload SD card??
just asking my job asked for this what is compliance reporting ?

thanks
03-29-2013 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
grumpycat Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed S9autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: wisp
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

FWIW, my understanding of "compliance reporting" is that the machine captures the amount of time it is used, so that your "compliance" (i.e., following your m.d.'s order) is monitored. this way, insurance company can see that you are benefiting from the cpap and that it is worth paying for the device.

Note that other members know more than me and more detailed answers may follow. . . .
03-29-2013 02:15 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Yup. It is all about compliance. Most insurance companies require you to use it 70% of the time and/or a minimum of 4hrs a night.

They could give a rip if the treatment is working, only that you are using it.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-29-2013 04:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

(03-29-2013 02:15 PM)grumpycat Wrote:  FWIW, my understanding of "compliance reporting" is that the machine captures the amount of time it is used, so that your "compliance" (i.e., following your m.d.'s order) is monitored. this way, insurance company can see that you are benefiting from the cpap and that it is worth paying for the device.

Note that other members know more than me and more detailed answers may follow. . . .

Is this an American phenomenon or is the concept used in other countries? Now that I finally got my coveted AutoSet I have no further appointments with the doctor or DME or hospital or anything. They did their jobs (pi$$ poor as they may be) and now none of them have anything to do with me. Because the Assistive Devices Program pays for equipment on a need basis they don't monitor progress or usage or anything here in Ontario Canada. It's mine and now nobody else cares. I'm still debating whether that is good or bad. Probably good.

A page on determining compliance on a ResMed S9:
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...liance.pdf
03-29-2013 06:56 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

No, compliance reports depends on the insurance, not necessarily the location. I think Britons have to turn in their compliance record on a regular basis. Other insurance only wants to see it for the first 3 months.

I have Medicare/Medicaid and have never had to submit a compliance report. The only time the DME mentioned it was when I went in for a new mask. I took the old one and he said "No need to check your hours! That poor thing is evidence you use it!" (it was falling apart)

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-29-2013 09:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(03-29-2013 08:58 AM)ruscottm Wrote:  just asking my job asked for this what is compliance reporting ?

They want to make sure you're using your machine. If you're not using it for at least 4 hours a night, or something like that, they will consider you non-compliant.

This usually happens when an employer wants to make sure that an employee is cooperating in their medical treatment for sleep apnea.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

03-29-2013 11:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead - What graphs to upload? RedSkip 6 289 07-09-2016 01:05 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  FORCE MyAir Data Upload srlevine1 3 640 05-15-2016 07:16 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  DreamStation Upload Issue mscottc 2 530 05-15-2016 05:37 PM
Last Post: DMStorm75
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 28 27,440 03-18-2016 07:32 PM
Last Post: palerider
  Cannot upload SleeoyHead data and need help. jmpower4 2 420 03-13-2016 03:47 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Need comments on SleepyHead data - CPAP pressure too low? (1st time to upload graphs) green wings 7 1,035 03-07-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 4,922 06-19-2015 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad