Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Cheaper mask pillows!
Cheaper mask pillows!
Hello,

I use a ResMed Mirage Quattro full face mask. It works well overall, but the mask pillows deteriorate quickly. Ideally, I would like to replace them every couple of weeks, but I can only get them at $30 a pop.

Anyone know of a way that I can obtain them at a discount - preferably a steep one, and also possibly in bulk?

Thanks!
Michael (aka Nestorian)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheaper mask pillows!
Welcome to Apnea Board, Michael...Smile

$30 sounds like a pretty good deal... most of the online sources I checked are offering them for over $50. Short of becoming a DME (Durable Medical Equipment supplier) yourself, I doubt you're going to get them for less than $30.

Now, if you'd like to purchase something like 50 of them, you might want to personally contact your source and see if they could give you a bulk discount... and ask to speak to a manager instead of a front-line phone order-taker.

If someone does know of a DME source that offers these at less than $30, please PM Michael with the link, don't post it publicly here in the forum (due to our rules against commercial website links here).

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2012, 09:51 AM)nestorian Wrote: I use a ResMed Mirage Quattro full face mask. It works well overall, but the mask pillows deteriorate quickly. Ideally, I would like to replace them every couple of weeks, but I can only get them at $30 a pop.
Anyone know of a way that I can obtain them at a discount - preferably a steep one, and also possibly in bulk?

I find lots of mask parts on eBay for around half what it costs at a DME or one of the online suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2012, 10:34 AM)JJJ Wrote: I find lots of mask parts on eBay for around half what it costs at a DME or one of the online suppliers.

Yeah, forgot about that... good point, JJJ.

When buying from an eBay supplier, just make sure you check their ratings and feedback so you don't get swindled by someone. Many good sellers on eBay, but a handful of scammers, of course.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Those things are called either "cushions" or "flaps." Knowing the right term may make it easier to find.

"Pillows" are for the tiny things that just sit on your nose, not the cushions that go around your nose, or your nose and mouth.

How are the parts degrading? How are you cleaning them?

How did you end up with a FFM (Full Face Mask?) Did you try any nose only masks? In my opinion, FFM is always the wrong choice unless you can't make a nasal mask work.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried boiling them with a small amount of baking soda. I boil my nasal pillows all the time and they come out just like new, and use them again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask cushions should last more than 2 weeks. Make sure you,re not over-tightening the straps so the cushion don,t get creased and mashed against your face and it would leak more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 348 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 467 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 494 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Keep getting air bolus in mouth w nasal pillows Palmtrees 7 672 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 338 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.