Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now!
RE: Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now!
Thanks all for the advice. I got results back today from a second home sleep study, and will discuss your comments and the results with both sleep doctor and DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought you have been working with the Dr and DME. That is why you asked questions here wasn’t it?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen the new sleep doctor once and the DME maybe twice ever. It costs money to schedule every consultation and for every new mask type they send me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not giving you a hard time. Most people here are here because the Dr was unproductive and the DME were totally useless.

Drs wants data and they get it from a sleep study. Those studies are just a one night picture that is not a good representation of your normal night’s sleep. Why? - no one sleeps in a strange room with wires hooked up to 10 wires on them. AND if they can get you below AHI of 5 they say you are good. Most of us it is not good.

So we go back to the Dr and he may change settings and tell you to give it a couple weeks and back you goo or again to have more changes. After a few visits and several month another Dr visit and another sleep study.

That is where you are now. Instead we suggest changes and you see how it works - post that nights charts and get other adjustments that you can try. That will take you a couple of months (not to mention the cost) to do with the Dr and DME.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies, I came off as more confrontative than I should have. You're right that the doctor and DME are slow to adjust, which is indeed why I came here. (In fact I just got my home sleep study results back from one I did last week - AHI was under 5 but you're right that I'm certainly not feeling fine). I think after the last time I went to the DME, I'm more intimidated to make changes like adjusting the pressure on my own because of the reaction I got from him, at least not without running it by him or my sleep doctor. I even messaged DME and his response was:

• Your pressure 4-12 is the prescription your doctor gave , not what i decided upon. If that pressure is not to your liking , then your doctor is the only one that can write a prescription for different pressure.
Other than that he did not suggest anything related to ERP but did recommend a chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
To arm  yourself with personal knowledge for any visits with DME/Dr, you should do an internet search on whether it is illegal to change your own CPAP pressure. Hint: most of us here readily change our CPAP settings including but not limited to pressure. In doing so, many of us who may have quit CPAP because we can't get the right mask fit and/or the right machine settings have found success. Continue to post your results with the suggested tweaks suggested above by others.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 899 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  Total BIPAP noob consolidated thread Morgannon 3 466 01-24-2023, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Morgannon
  Bipap Noob Questions supyasieve 14 1,155 10-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: supyasieve
  O2ring shows huge gradual drop in spO2 over half hour with new DS2. Cord tangling? aolamid 9 1,083 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: aolamid
  [Equipment] Switched from nasal pillow to full mask - huge AHI increase pstrjds 8 1,629 04-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.