Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Humidifier
Humidifier
Not sure if this is common or not, and dumb on my part but here goes. A few weeks ago my AirSense 10 was giving me the message that the heater was no longer working but the therapy would continue. Then I noticed the humidifier was leaking water, so being the dummy I am, I tried to fix it, by super gluing where I thought the leak was. No luck. It's been working fine with no heater and no water in the humidifier. Am I good to keep using it as is? I'm worried the water leak will affect electronics in the machine, so I haven't filled it in a several days. It is not making any weird noises and keeping an accurate reading of my numbers, and I feel no side effects. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any help/info/suggestions
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier
Is it still under any kind of warranty?
And I believe that model can be used without the humidifier.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the machine under warranty? If so, then return it for a replacement.
You never know if your needs change down the road and you need a working humidifier.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it is, hence the try to fix myself. What would it hurt to continue without the humidifier working?
Post Reply Post Reply
When the humidity is low, you may find you have issues with a stuffy nose, or even cracking in the nasal mucosa.
Or you may not.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If water is leaking, the fix could be as simple as a new water chamber...they are inexpensive at $22-$25. With a new water chamber, you should be able to passively humidify the air, even if the heater is not working. It may actually fix your problem.

Where did you get your machine? The Airsense 10 series is not very old, and may be under a warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far no issues at all, that's why I'm inclined to leave it as is
Post Reply Post Reply
I will look into it, thank you - it's about a year old
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also buy a shunt that replaces and bypasses the tub if you don't need or want the humidifier. I'd get it fixed though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 330 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,130 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 313 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 762 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 505 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.