Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast
Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast
Hi,

First time using the humidifier with my A10, is it normal for water chamber to be empty after around 5 to 5 hours on auto climate control setting ?.

I am using the Climateline tube with this too.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast
Apologies should say ....................." after around 5 to 6 hours on auto climate control setting ?. "
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2015, 04:53 AM)berniw Wrote: ....................." after around 5 to 6 hours on auto climate control setting ?. "
Can you adjust tube temp while on auto mode on your machine? later models, tube temp on auto mode is adjustable, not on the earlier models like mine. If not, try the manual mode, e.g ... humidity 3 and temp 23C or whatever is comfortable for you

Beside higher humidifier settings, mask leaks and mouth leaks uses more water too
Post Reply Post Reply
My humidifier water lasts more than 8 hours w/ climate line in a sock and set on auto. My mask leaks something terrible. Solution has been ordered.

otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2015, 05:21 AM)zonk Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 04:53 AM)berniw Wrote: ....................." after around 5 to 6 hours on auto climate control setting ?. "
Can you adjust tube temp while on auto mode on your machine? later models, tube temp on auto mode is adjustable, not on the earlier models like mine. If not, try the manual mode, e.g ... humidity 3 and temp 23C or whatever is comfortable for you

Beside higher humidifier settings, mask leaks and mouth leaks uses more water too

Thanks for reply, Yes you can set temp independently. I did part way through the night switch from auto to manual with temp of tube at 26degrees and humidity at 4. But water was very low at this point.

I've checked on myAir just now and mask leak was more or less non existent.

I will have to try a full manual night tonight and see if water goes as quickly.

(11-14-2015, 08:31 AM)otrpu Wrote: My humidifier water lasts more than 8 hours w/ climate line in a sock and set on auto. My mask leaks something terrible. Solution has been ordered.

otrpu

Try Resmed Quattro Air, it's the only one I find does not leak very much. I've tried several now and this one works for me. I didn't get good results with Resmed F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi berniw,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2015, 04:15 AM)berniw Wrote: First time using the humidifier with my A10, is it normal for water chamber to be empty after around 5 to 5 hours on auto climate control setting ?.

It would, I think, depend on how "dry" the air in your room is. Heating water in a dry atmosphere will pull more water into the hose than heating the same water in humid room air. In a very dry environment you might need to humidify the room air first for the machine reservoir to last all night.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same setup that you have. I run everything on auto as well. I fill my water tank each evening before turning in. I average seven to eight hours of sleep. My tank has never gone dry. It is generally quite low though, below the bottom line. It is usually covering little more than the metal plate area on the bottom. I have noticed that it uses more water as we head into winter and the air is drier here in Kansas.

You might try to manually set the tube temperature and humidity level to mid range to see if that makes a difference.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.

I tried again last night, this time I set manual tube temp to 26 degrees and then humidity to 4. The water lasted my 7 hours and there is still a small amount in bottom. That was from max last night.

One thing though, my mouth is still dry this morning. I'm trying to eliminate dry mouth but it's just as bad as no humidifier.

I suppose it's trial and error on manual settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 04:02 AM)berniw Wrote: One thing though, my mouth is still dry this morning. I'm trying to eliminate dry mouth but it's just as bad as no humidifier.

Have you given any thought to the fact that you are mouth breathing. Even with a full face mask, that can cause dry mouth. You may need a chin strap.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,580 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.