Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast
RE: Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast
Here are my observations for what they're worth.

When I tried a FF mask, as my mouth opened, the air seemed to rush into my mouth rather than rushing out. Since the pressure is the same against the nasal openings as against the mouth, this makes some sense. This usually woke me up and caused extreme dry mouth.

With my nasal mask, the air always rushes out when my mouth is open but usually doesn't wake me. Whenever I have a seriously dry mouth in the morning, I know my mouth was open at some time during the night.

Before I was successful in sealing my mouth with my tongue, I tried taping my mouth closed a couple of times with my nasal mask, so that all observed leaks were mask leaks. They were much lower than mouth leaks and and were intermittent. My mouth leaks are always sudden and much higher (35+). When my mouth closes, the leak disappears just as suddenly as it appeared.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 04:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 04:14 PM)PaytonA Wrote: All true, breathing or leaking through your mouth while wearing a full face mask does nothing deleterious to one's therapy (there is no loss of therapeutic pressure). It can, however, lead to dry mouth from all of the air going through one's mouth. I know this to be true from first hand experience.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
I'm with you on this one but if you're going to close your mouth while using full face mask, obviously you'll breathing through your nose, no other way to get some air into the lungs Smile

Certainly, full face mask have a place but if you've no problem (some do) breathing through your nose, wondering if would make more AirSense using nasal or nasal pillows mask

Best regards and Coffee to you, too

I am working on nasal pillows but have not been successful yet. Coffee back.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I tried manual settings of tube temp at 26degrees and hunidity at 5. The water tub lasted 7 hours and was still at min level last two mornings.

However last couple of days I have been a little congested and wheezing in the morning, this may be main culprit for my dry mouth. Blocked nose causing mouth breathing. But now I am wondering if the damp humid air is casuing congestion and chesty cough.
I'm gonna try a dry night tonight see if anything changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 506 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,865 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,643 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.