Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I need help interpreting this
I need help interpreting this
Hello everyone. Hope you are doing good  Shy

I am new to this board, and I could use some help interpreting my OSCAR data.
Struggling with fatigue, and waking up unrested, brain fog. 

Long story "short":
I have been under treatment for hypothyroidism for 2 years, and I have been certain that autoimmune disease has been causing my fatigue and inability to wake up rested. But symptoms didn't improve with treatment. So a doctor mentioned sleep apnea.  

A home test was performed. AHI was around 15 which should be on the edge of mild/moderate. 
So I got this Philips DreamStation - BUT I have used it on / off. Maximum use is 2 months without a break. 

Reason for the breaks is I haven't been sure if its working or have contributed to worse sleep, and it has also left me with the thought.. maybe it actually is the hypothyroidism that makes me fatigue, and I'm just wasting time with CPAP?? And What if it actually is sleep apnea but I just need other CPAP settings?

I am interesting in knowing if there is something going on in my sleep. I have been used to Philips app "DreamMapper" but came across forums suggesting OSCAR instead. So yesterday I got myself an SD card reader, and can for the first time read OSCAR data.

I'm aware that an AHI of 5+ is considered out of range, but 6.8 isn't that far from 5? Can I really be this tired from sleep apnea with 6.8? 
Is there anything in my data that possible could make me feel this unrested, or is it far from enough to judge something from this? 

This attached picture is from December, and I had a rough day that day. Settings is still the same, and I intend to use it again from tonight. 

Feel free to ask anything, and thank you in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help interpreting this
One change that almost certainly will help is to raise your minimum pressure to 7.  Five is simply too little pressure for almost every adult.  Those low numbers are usually only effective for small children.

Another change might help also.  You have ramp set to 30 minutes with a pressure of 4.  This is pretty useless.  Try it with no ramp at all.  If after a day or so you are having trouble getting to sleep, let us know and we can help you at that time.

I think these two changes will help quite a bit.  Let us know.  

By the way Welcome
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help interpreting this
Thank you. Your reply is appreciated! Smile

I guess 5 is too little then. It doesn't really feel like much either. I will set it to 7-15 and see how it goes for awhile, and then come back with new reports. You are probably right about this ramp feature. 

Some days within reasonable time, I fall asleel while on ramp. 
Some days, it will take me more than 30 minutes to fall asleep. And then this featue will be outlasted anyway.

I will give it some shots without ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 195 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 113 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 148 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 202 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 165 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.