Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I want my Dreamstation back
Question 
I want my Dreamstation back
Because of the Philips recall I bought a "gently used" RedMed Airsense 10 Autoset ... used it last night for the first time.  It seems ok but what I don't like is the sleep report where all I see is the length of time and 2 smiley faces saying that the humidifier and mask were working ok.  I did check how to access the clinician settings but I'd rather not have to go in there just to see the previous night statistics.I couldn't see a way to add anything to the user sleep report.  I tried setting up the ResMed MyAir app but it removed my device saying it was previously registered to a provider so I can't use that serial number.  I do have an SD card that I can download info from but it was so nice the way the Philips easily displayed the 1- 7- and 30 day stats each day.  Am I missing something or is there no easier way to at least see the previous night's info?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I want my Dreamstation back
If you change the Essentials option in Clinician mode from On to Plus, you will get more information on the Sleep Report screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the Provider menu, make this change:

Go to Options > Essentials > Be sure Plus is checked.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked mine, and it's on "plus".  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If you post a daily screenshot from OSCAR I'm sure we can help you dial it in and optimize your therapy. A range of 4-anything usually means your therapy can be improved.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been using Oscar for the Dreamstation and just downloaded the 2 night usage from the S10... 

Huhsign
Thanks so much for that offer... I've only run the new machine for 2 nights and both nights my AHI was less than 1.... 0.63 and 0.00 (the 0.00 makes me a bit suspicious.  With my Philips machines I was running between 1 and 2 most of the time.

I do have one major question though... with the Dream Station and the System One before that my 95% pressure was about 9 on average... the 2 nights I've used the S10 it's been over 15!  Does it make sense that it would be that different?  

I sure hope Philips figures out a way to repair/replace their machines.  I hadn't even finished paying for mine yet. :-).

Thanks for any input you may have about the 95% pressure.  I was kind of shocked to see such high numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think both parts of your concern make sense and can be explained like this: ResMed acts faster than a typical Respironics in most cases. That can account for the lower reported AHI events, as the ResMed went to combat mode faster, it tackled more events and scored a better AHI. Second, also due in part to faster action, but also ResMed keys on flow limits to increase pressure. It could be that your FL is high, and the ResMed increased pressure more to again enter combat mode and stayed higher to get the job done.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... I guess I need to read up on flow limits as I don't really know what the significance of that is.  But I'm glad to know this doesn't sound totally off the wall to someone!  Appreciate your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Keep at the therapy and it'll pay off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,971 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 234 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.