Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice.
RE: I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice.
I'll make a minor correction to the above, it does not change the intent.

"The only way you qualify for a Vauto/bilevel on medicare/insurance is if you first fail CPAP/APAP"
to
The "typical" way you qualify for a Vauto/bilevel on medicare/insurance is if you first fail CPAP/APAP

since it depends on the doctor and the medical condition being treated. It is certainly the common way.
Absolutes, "only", are rarely correct.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice.
Sure it can happen but doctor needs to convince medicare/insurance, they need to say you are not suited for CPAP/APAP which most doctors usually won't do without first failing it and some of the medicare/insurance clauses require it to have been tried. If the OP had obvious central apnea and an ASV was indicated things might be a bit different but with only moderate level hypopneas, no apnea and minimal oxygen desaturation you would have to have a very rare doctor for him to go to bat against medicare/insurance and sign off on bilevel instead of CPAP/APAP. Feel free to ask, just don't be surprised if doctor rejects it, lots if not most doctors believe bilevel is only required for severe cases.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Need Advice On What Settings to Adjust Resmed Airsense 10 Stoaty 20 224 3 hours ago
Last Post: Geer1
  Advice on Inspire device JaneAM 12 278 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Advice appreciated martyedb 57 2,289 06-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Last Post: martyedb
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 187 190,765 06-11-2021, 05:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New User - Need advice on how to treat my Mom AmirKas 2 131 06-08-2021, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Diagnostic ADVICE... 2007User 4 144 05-26-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Three Weeks In Need Help/Advice zetaphi938 5 190 05-18-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.