Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice.
RE: I want to buy a bi-level or AVS machine and am in need of advice.

I received new headgear in the mail yesterday. I didn't tighten it enough so had leaks that finally roused me to adjust. I did change the trigger rate to High.
Post Reply Post Reply
OA events are still clustered suggesting positional. I'm a little puzzled why CA would increase, so let's leave settings the same and hope that resolving leaks can help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

This is an amazing result! Much better than I would have thought possible. Because I was feeling pretty stuffy last night, in addition to the allergy nasal spray, I used a baby ear syringe and sprayed a salt water mix into my nose. It cleared a lot of congestion. 

My right ear has been plugged for nearly 2 weeks. It has been plugging for a day at a time on and off for the past couple of months. I have a lot of wax in my ears. Twice a year my Dr's nurse sprays water in them to clean them. He normally has to use a tool to remove some wax that catches in a bend. My Dr. recently retired. My appointment to see his replacement is Monday. I'm hoping their office will do this procedure as well. 

Yesterday morning after having the mask leaks, my right eye was twitching a little and I could hear a sound. Probably air escaping, I thought. The same thing happened this morning. I looked at the chart and the pressure had already dropped when this happened. I would have thought it would have happened with higher pressure. Do you think I should possibly drop the pressure just a little until I have my ear wax removed? 

Thanks    For all the great help!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I drop the humidity level, possibly? After starting therapy, It might have been in the winter, I was getting small nose bleeds. I've had dry eyes for many years and just pretty well ignored using the recommended drops. I set the humidity level at 6 for the nosebleeds, It ended the nosebleeds and helped my irritated dry eyes big time. My optimologist agreed that apnea therapy can be good for the eyes as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humidity is a comfort thing. I don't use more than setting 4 with a tube temp of 80.

If you want to do your own ears, check out this item https://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Washer-E...07B68DPMT/ I used to get wax buildup that would inflame while swimming. This clears it the same way your doctor's office does. Just use warm, not hot water, and irrigate over a sink. Very effective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 252 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 81 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.