Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Increases in pressure and Clear Airway events
RE: Increases in pressure and Clear Airway events
(07-27-2019, 03:34 PM)bonjour Wrote: Based on your sleep study you had nothing going on, 0 AHI and 0 RDI
Based on that discuss with your doctor about stopping CPAP Therapy.

Does it make any difference that this was actually a titration study? Would a regular sleep study measure my AHI without PAP? I don’t know how they differ because I first had an at-home test so both my in-lab tests were for titrations. 

In reading the report I was reminded that for this study they gave me a full face mask and I’m wondering if that’s what I should be using—and what made the difference in AHI. 

I would love to be able to stop using the machine. I guess I’m hoping for a test that would tell me that I no longer have apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2019, 07:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: Your pressure thru the night is pretty steady so we are going to keep slowly lowering your max pressure.
Please lower to 8, and if that is insufficient we will lower it to 7.  Titration, which is what we are doing, is just a series of "experiments" targeted at improving your apnea.

Fact: Tour AutoSet cannot "Treat" Central Apnea so we work on avoiding it.
Fact: in some individuals increasing pressure tends to increase Central Apnea, avoiding it is to lower pressure in a controlled manner.
Fact: in some individuals Pressure variance tends to increase Central Apnea, avoiding it is to decrease this variance from EPR, or algorithmic changes from auto mode.

My computer was being repaired so I haven't been able to look at my data for a couple weeks. It looks like my centrals continue to be my main problem. They are almost always at least equal to the number of obstructives, and more often than not several times greater. I'm going to lower the pressure to 7 tonight and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I'm not seeing the changes I was hoping for; in fact, it looks like my AHI has increased overall since I lowered the pressure range to 6-7.  Unsure 

Last six AHIs: 4.44, 3.32, 2.97, 5.10, 5.13, 4.95

[attachment=14605][attachment=14606][attachment=14607][attachment=14610][attachment=14609]

Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe I do need a new sleep study, but maybe not just a titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your CA’s are not pressure related.

Reducing your pressure has left the CA’s about the same and increased the obstructive apnoea, you need more pressure.the amount of CA’s are insufficient at less than 5 per hour to get prescribed a machine to resolve them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll return to a max of 8 and see what happens.

On an unrelated note, can anyone shed light on this erratic breathing? Is it just that it didn't last long enough to count as apnea/hypopnea? 
[attachment=14620]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 59 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,354 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 225 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 116 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 157 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.