Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Info needed
Info needed
Hello everyone,

I've been diagnosed with OSA recently and now looking at buying a CPAP machine to treat this awful thing.
Machine that I want is Resmed S10 Airsense Auto CPAP and will get full face mask since I am an mouth breather.
Problem is that in Dubai(where I currently live) one supplier is having a monopole and they are offering me device with humidifier, mask and hose for USD 1650( data download for 3 month  and 1 year warranty included).
Rip off in other words.
I did my homework and got to conclusion that most important setting on the machine is the pressure that CPAP will deliver and the rest is related to the mask, comfort etc.
I guess that my Dr should be able to give me what that pressure would be.
Would you advise to get my own machine and equipment online or I should pay them 300 USD extra?
Seems to me that machine setup is not a rocket science so why would I pay extra if I can do it myself. Oh-jeez

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Info needed
Can you get your sleep study report? If so, you can post to this forum and get great sound advice as to how to set up your machine. In the US you are able to get your medical records due to certain laws, do not know if it is the same in Dubai. If you cannot get your study, you can buy the auto machine and let the automatic functions help manage your therapy. If you decide to do this (and should anyway) is to download Sleephead from this site, to see how and what is happening with your OSA. You can also post the Sleepyhead graphs to this forum and get additional advice on how to manage your treatment. The question is what are you getting from your local supply for the $300.00, is it worth something?? Good Luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 05:44 AM)silversnore Wrote: Can you get your sleep study report?  If so, you can post to this forum and get great sound advice as to how to set up your machine.  In the US you are able to get your medical records due to certain laws, do not know if it is the same in Dubai.  If you cannot get your study, you can buy the auto machine and let the automatic functions help manage your therapy.  If you decide to do this (and should anyway) is to download Sleephead from this site, to see how and what is happening with your OSA.  You can also post the Sleepyhead graphs to this forum and get additional advice on how to manage your treatment.  The question is what are you getting from your local supply for the $300.00, is it worth something??  Good Luck!!

Attached Files
.pdf   Ivan Zgombic (Dr. Sasa) (1).pdf (Size: 189.83 KB / Downloads: 67)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 06:58 AM)DXBsupersnorer Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 05:44 AM)silversnore Wrote: Can you get your sleep study report?  If so, you can post to this forum and get great sound advice as to how to set up your machine.  In the US you are able to get your medical records due to certain laws, do not know if it is the same in Dubai.  If you cannot get your study, you can buy the auto machine and let the automatic functions help manage your therapy.  If you decide to do this (and should anyway) is to download Sleephead from this site, to see how and what is happening with your OSA.  You can also post the Sleepyhead graphs to this forum and get additional advice on how to manage your treatment.  The question is what are you getting from your local supply for the $300.00, is it worth something??  Good Luck!!

I have attached sleep study in reply to your post but my text did not appear.
Please have a look if not too busy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your SPO2 levels are concerning, you are spending a good bit of time below 90% (almost 1/2 of your sleep time) and almost a 1/3 of the time below 85%. Hopefully with successful treatment those levels will rise. How are feeling during the day? There are other members that have a bit more experience than I, hopefully through the day they will chime in. Your sleep study report was more detailed than mine. For the $300.00, what do you get? Doctor's advice? Just three months of monitoring? Just wondering what you get for the $300.00?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, check out the supplier list  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List for International shipping.
Be aware of your countries import law, fees, Duties. 
Supplier #10 has a Duty calculator   http://www.dutycalculator.com/
Insurance is a consideration especially if your package is passing through areas subject to thievery. 
It will take time to receive your machine. Try sleeping on your side until the machine arrives.
Don't forget to get enough supplies at the same time you order your machine.
Once you have the machine download sleepy head and post your results here.
Lots of help once you do that.

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I get only 3 months data download which I can do myself and one year warranty.
Ah yes, also one time free replacement for mask.

During the day, i feel very tired and often prone to fall asleep when undisturbed for a while.
My energy level greatly depends on current weight.
At the moment I am quite obese so you can imagine. Feel like s...
Post Reply Post Reply
It's pretty common for these machines to cost more in countries outside the U.S. If the $1650 is the price for a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with humidifier, hose, 1-year warranty and 3-month support that sounds about par. You can clearly find these machines from online supplier in the U.S. for under $900, but shipping will easily increase that by $100 and any duty or taxes will also be added. It seems the net difference you have calculated is $300.

It may be worth it in case of a malfunction. It will be difficult to work with a U.S. supplier to obtain warranty service or replacement. If you have a friend or relative in the U.S. you could obtain the machine for as little as $500 plus shipping, and that would definitely be worth it. They are currently available for $485 on Amazon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a good start to feeling better, hope you get there soon. FYI, I would certainly order my own machine. They are not giving you too much for 300 bucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.