Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02
Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02
Hello,
I've just completed my first week with an APAP and after some initial adjustmests with info found from browsing the forums I've mostly cleared up some of the randomness in my events and believe I am starting to get a good baseline.

I do see a constant issue in the data showing that I get CA's when i start to fall asleep which then is attributed to the lower Sp02 reading. Is there a way to mitigate that or is that just "me"?

I also see alot of my CA's appear to be caused by movement, is that actually the case or could the CA be causing the movement?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02
There is a lot of movement on your graphs associated with the CA's.  
Is it possible that you are tossing and turning and at the same time holding your breath?
Many folk do this.  

Did you have a sleep study done?  Did CA's show up on the study?  If not, these may be
treatment emergent and should settle down in time.

You could try using EPR on a lower setting so as not to cause more CA's. The EPR will help with Flow Limitation. Your 95% FL reads at .10, we like to see it under that number.

Also, if you're using the ramp feature, turn it off.

I suggest minimum pressure set at 8cm with EPR set at 2. See how that feels for a night or two. If it doesn't cause a rise in CA's, and it lowers FL, then that's a plus.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 391 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,480 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.