Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Insurance Compliance Period
RE: Insurance Compliance Period
Hi again C2,
I last posted my comments to you on 9 MAY. Sounds like you had a pretty good day at your compliance appt. I am still looking forward to my appt. on 24 MAY. I am liking my DreamStationAuto more each night. Some nights have recorded over 6 hours without a single interruption (at least without me knowing about it), and had a couple nights with AHI below 6 and total OSA events at 10 or below. I noticed lately that I take fewer and fewer afternoon naps, so that may be a sign that this DreamStationAuto is really doing a great job for me.
Have a great night's sleep,
NickAsleep
Post Reply Post Reply
I had mine this morning. They read my card, showed me what it showed (AHI, leakage, etc.) and we visited about how it is working. My average AHI is now below 2, which she was very happy with. She answered any questions I had, and discussed how to get off of my
ambien. Not that ambien has anything to do with SA, but....
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I had my required 30 day CPAP 'compliance' discussion with my GP this week. Opal was right that my doctor was mostly interested if my CPAP was helping me to feel better than I was without the CPAP. I had to remind him that I had been 'addicted' to CPAP 100% of the time for nearly 20 years. I also told him that the two night home sleep test in April he had prescribed for me with the Watermark forehead mounted tester was pure hell where I tried 'sleeping' without CPAP (if you could call it sleep, the tester recorded only about 5 hours total in two nights). I told him I could not sleep without CPAP. So he said he would 'write down' that I "could not sleep without it". That was pretty much all he wanted. In talking with my GP's nurse, my home care provider would have provided some kind of statement that I had been using my Dream Station the required number of nights. So I guess that my home care provider obtained enough info from the modem in my Dream Station Auto to verify sufficient usage. I did request from my GP to have him prescribe a test of my blood oxygen saturation level overnight while using my new Dream Station Auto. I used a Nonin oximeter last night for that test.

Now I am wondering what functions a home care provider should be providing for the patient? In my case, my GP's nurse provided the prescription for a CPAP to the provider on April 13 and told me that the provider should call me and if they did not, to call them. Well I am sure the provider thinks I am a pest because I called them. Once they got all the necessary signatures from my GP, they gave me the machine, recorded my credit card info, gave me lots of general info about billing Medicare, even dialed the GP's office for me to insure that I made a post 30 day appointment, etc., and then sent me home. Well, since that day my nurse told me I could call the provider, I have not received even one single call from the provider. I know they are quite prompt in sending claims to Medicare, for I have been monitoring my Medicare claims online and found that their most recent monthly claim arrived at Medicare claim center on May 18, exactly one month since I went home with my machine on April 18. Now I wonder, should the provider be as interested in my home care, should they be interested in my home therapy, maybe are they somewhat interested in 'care' ing for me at all? Well, fortunately, I was not expecting too much from them. I will not mention the company name, but their name starts with a sound like what we breathe, followed by an "O". Really, fortunately, your board has really helped me with therapy; maybe Medicare and insurance companies should be providing some big donations to you guys.
Have a great sleep,
NickAsleep
Post Reply Post Reply
NickAsleep,

I too used the NONIN Wrist Oximeter and for something that costs $1300+ bucks it is not worth more than my CMS50F at 80 bucks as they both read within 1% of each other but my sleep study Dr. would not use my data so I had to wait for my DME to send me one but to speed things up again I drove the 30+ mile out of my way to get it only to try it the first night and it did not even work.  It had no batteries in it.  As I did not even think that at the cost of this thing it would not even have rechargeable batteries in it  So I ended up putting batteries in it and used it the next night I used my CMS50F on my left hand and there NONIN on my right hand with everything within 1% of each other the pulse was exactly the same.

Read my post " Health Care Trends"  I believe I wrote it about 5 /19 or so.   This seems to be a wave of Medical community more concerned about making MONEY vs. Compassion and Caring for the people.    If you look up my post I wrote above let me know how close you think I am .   See if you are on the same page as I am about this topic or if I am out in Left Field somewhere .

C2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 85 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 253 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 211 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,371 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,792 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 406 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.